PDA

View Full Version : M's Talk

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 12:25 PM
http://www.ussmariner.com/

Apparently, Sexson is a done deal. Also, Beltre is probably gonna end up in Seattle /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hold me back, I might bust in my pants.

kerssens
12-13-2004, 12:38 PM
I thought you were a Boston convert.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you were a Boston convert.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/mad.gif

kerssens
12-13-2004, 12:50 PM
But seriously....the whole time I've been hearing about Sexson/Delgado I've been less than thrilled...I like either one as long has Beltre comes along too.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 01:02 PM
yeah, no kidding, adding Beltre and either Delgado or Sexson would be sick. That lineup would be nice man.

Boris
12-13-2004, 01:20 PM
It will be interesting to see how Beltre performs in a non-contract year. But he kicked so much ass last year in weak line-up he should be at least pretty good.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Safeco is pretty comparable to The Ravene, so he shouldn't have much of a problem. The M's lineup would be pretty strong with him there too.

Ichiro
Winn
Beltre
Sexson
Boone
Ibanez
Bucky
Olivo
Jose Lopez?

me likey long time

wayabvpar
12-13-2004, 02:49 PM
I am not sold on Sexson...I am good and over the whole 'NW ties' thing. Guess what? Cirillo has NW ties. Willie Bloomquist has NW ties. It doesn't mean they don't SUCK.

Also- Sexson and Beltre are both righties. With them, Boone, Jacobsen- who the hell is the lefty? Ibanez and Ichiro are the only two regulars I can think of.

Nice to see them make an effort, but Sexson and his repaired shoulder make my nervous.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 02:52 PM
winn is a switch hitter.

wayabvpar
12-13-2004, 02:53 PM
I am talking power numbers. They go on and on about how Safeco is better for lefty power hitters than righties- then they sign a righty?

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 02:54 PM
oh, is it? I had never heard the safe was a particular good power place for anyone. Maybe Delgado was asking to much, and the M's realized they could sign Sexson and still have enough to sign(hopefully, please please please) Beltre.

nolanfan34
12-13-2004, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice to see them make an effort, but Sexson and his repaired shoulder make my nervous.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what concerns me the most. If he's 100%, then it's not a bad signing. He does have some opposite field power I believe.

Now they need to get off their butts and sign Matt Clement.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what concerns me the most. If he's 100%, then it's not a bad signing. He does have some opposite field power I believe.

Now they need to get off their butts and sign Matt Clement.

[/ QUOTE ]If they do that, then no Beltre.

Schaefer
12-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Sexton is Mike Hargrove's boy. You had to figure they were going this route as soon as Hargrove came aboard.

I'd rate the other three as: Clement-Beltre-Delgado. The top two are close but Clement is a horse and he'd SHINE at Safeco.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 05:11 PM
How is Sexton Hargroves boy?

we need Beltre too.

nolanfan34
12-13-2004, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How is Sexton Hargroves boy?

we need Beltre too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Played for him as an Indian.

If they can ship out Winn, they could still potentially afford Beltre and Clement. Especially if they can backload Beltre's contract a bit, since they'll have some contracts like Boone's coming off the books next season.

ThaSaltCracka
12-13-2004, 05:19 PM
yeah, I am surprised they haven't traded Winn yet. Who would play CF then? Because I am not sure who is playing where next year. Is Ibanez staying in LF or is he going to DH? Is Reed coming up? WTF is going on?????? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif