PDA

View Full Version : The Cashout Curse Got me :(

Cleveland Guy
12-13-2004, 12:14 PM
I used to be one of those who thought that this "Cashout Curse" was made up mainly by losing player and paranoid people who figured someone was out to get them.

I have made cashouts in the past - and never seen anything different in my play. In fact I tend to make fun of and riddicule those who come on here and complain about the curse. Well This weekend has changed my mind.

Just as a background, last week I won an MTT for $1400 on a $10 entry. I have also been running well as of late, and figured it was time to claim some of my winnings.

The Fed-ex arrived at my house on Friday when I got home for work, a nice check, that I wanted to get to the bank before anything happened and I misplaced it.

On my way to the bank, which is all of about 6 blocks away - I got pulled over for "Not coming to a complete stop"

That screams to me of " I need to give out more tickets to reach my quota"

It was the intersection of 2 side streets with no cars coming, and I guess the car when down that I only saw the headlights of was a police car. Well - there goes $75 of my winnings.

I get back home from the bank, and start to help out with the dinner we are having for our friends. I go to turn on the garbage disposal in the sink - and it spouts back up at me. Yep , that's right the garbage disposal broke.

We have to figure out how to carefully finish making the dinner, and also clean up the kitchen a little bit with no garbage disposal, and a sink that now won't drain right.

I head out Saturday morning to the local home depot and drop $150 on a new garbage disposal. after 2 hours of work and many many curse words, I manage to get it installed and running - GO ME!!

So within the first 4 hours of recieving my cashout I have to drop over $200 of it to a stupid ticket, and fixing something up in my house.

If this doesn't convince you that there is a cashout curse- nothing will.

BradleyT
12-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Don't leave the house until after the new year.

ctv1116
12-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Haha. See, it affects all facets of life...Party probably talked with the police department to ring you up for a couple tickets.

apd138
12-13-2004, 01:12 PM
And to think I was getting ready to flame. Good post.

Cleveland Guy
12-13-2004, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And to think I was getting ready to flame. Good post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah - Flame away, I'm sure it will be funny /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Perhaps I'm not a "winning driver"

kiemo
12-13-2004, 02:48 PM
I am trying to figure out how Party got a guy into your house to sabotage the garbage disposal and what happens if you continue to make cashouts? Do they work up, next the dishwasher, then the washing machine, then the frig, then the water heater, up till the brakes on your car fail.

Stop cashing out now, your life depends on it.

GrannyMae
12-13-2004, 02:50 PM
I go to turn on the garbage disposal in the sink - and it spouts back up at me

that's not what is supposed to happen?

hmm

Alobar
12-13-2004, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I go to turn on the garbage disposal in the sink - and it spouts back up at me

that's not what is supposed to happen?

hmm

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people dont use the term "garbage disposal" as slang for masons ass, granny /images/graemlins/grin.gif

on_thg
12-13-2004, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop cashing out now, your life depends on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party support will be contacting you to find out why you haven't been hit with those large bank fees and auto repair bills yet.

Yads
12-13-2004, 05:52 PM
So you drove to the bank when it was only 6 blocks away?

Yobz
12-13-2004, 06:07 PM
BS, the curse does not exist, its your play:
Not coming to a full stop is always a -EV play unless you know there are no cops in which case it is a +EV play.
Never talk to or look directly at the FedEX guy, -EV
Home Depot was a good choice, +EV but helping with dinner is definetly a -EV move -- if there is someone else doing it, leave it alone. That way if [censored] hit the fan (or the garbage disposal) then you can blame it on that person. If said person is a significant other and your going to end up paying for it anyway then if they pull the "I'm too tired" routine at night you can counter with "me too, I had to fix the disposal you broke".
I like the self-install, +EV.

I would also check-raise the river instead of betting out, but the other mistakes where even worse. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JordanIB
12-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Yesterday I finished clearing my Intertops bonus (+83 overall). Began the cash out process.

I play on my laptop from work, because of the wireless internet. Today at work, I cannot print PDF documents. They print all gibberish.

Cursed.

GrannyMae
12-14-2004, 06:40 PM
all gibberish

mmmmm, granny LOVES gibberish gravy. the more gizzards the better!!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/greedy.gif