PDA

View Full Version : Q7s - turn play

cockandbull
12-13-2004, 11:57 AM
I'm not sure if how right or wrong any of this is. Sb is loose passive and quite predictable 40/3.5 while BB is very tight passive 12/5. Comments alround please.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Entity
12-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Harry,

Muck this hand preflop. Seriously -- look at how many limpers you have; you're playing in a tight game, not a loose one. Q7s has little value here.

Since everyone checked to you on the flop I think your flop bet is fine. Calling down is probably the only thing I could like once that ugly turn card comes.

Rob

DMBFan23
12-13-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

look at how many limpers you have;

[/ QUOTE ]

zero? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

yeah, I muck it too, I can see where you want to take off the training wheels here versus a loose-as-anything SB and a random poster, but I still dont think you have enough players to make up for the times when you hit a second-best hand.

HajiShirazu
12-13-2004, 12:59 PM
I would have raised preflop especially if BB is tight-limping is the worst choice.
Since BB is t/p I favor calling down.

jskills
12-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Not sure about even entering the pot with Q7s - even on the button. Anyway ...

Why not raise away on the turn and river with 2 pair?