PDA

View Full Version : Godsmack acoustic

bosoxfan
12-13-2004, 11:26 AM
My wife is a huge Godsmack fan and got the tickets the day of the show from someone she works with. I've always had a place for them since I saw them at a local club 7 or so years ago. So it's off to Manchester, HN. A crappy 1.5 hour drive in the rain, I don't see all that great at night anyway but mix in the rain and I'm a mess. Maybe I need glasses but I can see well during the day, nothing blurry or anything.

Anyway, they have quite a diverse fan base. Saw high school girls all way to bikers in their 50's and everything in between.

When they said acoustic I guess I was expecting the old MTV unplugged but they had an electric bass and plugged in for a few songs. Overall a pretty good show. They did a cover of Alice in Chains "No Excuses" and finished with Aerosmiths "Reefer Head Woman".

In between songs they had Q&A with crowd. A bunch of stupid questions were asked and one guy gets the mike and starts to try to get a Red Sox chant going that didn't catch on. If you're going to go in that direction you have to go with the Yankees suck chant. Always a crowd pleaser in these parts.

So despite the crappy ride I'm going to have to give it a thumbs up.

Alobar
12-13-2004, 01:10 PM
why didnt you make the wife drive?