PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker Abuse and Rethinking Hands

etgryphon
12-13-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey guys and gals...

So I finally downloaded the free demo of PT. Man is this thing great, but abusive...I'm not nearly as good as I thought I was. I have spent a few hour going over some of my hands that I lost a lot of money on and ripping my play apart.

I found out that I am not just aggressive, but hyper-aggressive. My Aggressive numbers are like 4.0 - 6.0. I just hate that call button...

So here is a hand that I want to look over because I can't figure out whether I made an great play or a misread.

UB 6-seat SnG 5+0.5 15/30 1 player gone
Important Players:
Button (villan) 1200
SB (Hero) 1350 - Dealt 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Preflop: pot 90
Button limps, I complete, BB checks

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Button checks, I check, BB checks

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Button checks, Hero bets 90, BB folds, Button raises to 270,

Hero? Push or Folds?

-Gryph

Klak
12-13-2004, 11:07 AM
yeah. push. how was the button checking frist in all rounds? either way its a push and an easy one imo.

jcm4ccc
12-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Unless you know that your opponent is stupid, I would fold. The reason I would fold is this: why isn't your opponent worried that you have the flush? Your betting pattern is similar to what a lot of people who made the flush would do in this situation. They would check the flop (not wanting to drive everybody out) and then bet the turn. Your opponent doesn't seem worried about that, which makes me think he has the flush himself.

You're hoping that your opponent has a pair (maybe an A9, or an overpair) and is making a stupid reraise. I would give your opponent more credit than that, unless you have reason to suspect that he is a very poor player.

etgryphon
12-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Whoops...

Everybody checked on the Flop, I lead out for the Pot on the Turn...Everything else is the same...

-Gryph

MrMon
12-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Your bet was a nice probe, but that reraise should be a huge warning flag that the 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif was a sucker card. I've fallen for this many times and have learned the hard way, although it's very easy to fall for and it still happens to me.

A set is so tempting, but the key to winning poker is limiting the damage on hands you lose. I wouldn't kick myself if I walked away with the best hand here, as the danger is just too great. A smart opponent would have just called, this opponent just waved a huge flag in your face, so take heed.

BTW, PokerTracker is best used as you've just used it, to discover bad plays you made, not to pat yourself on the back with all the good ones, although that's fun. Now just pay the $55 to register it so it becomes really useful.

adanthar
12-13-2004, 06:51 PM
I would split the difference and call. You're getting 3:1 and need to make a whopping 200 chips on the river to justify a call.

I'm also not convinced you're beat since at a 5+.5 he could have K9o for all you know, but I'll let the river card and action dictate that.

etgryphon
12-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Well guys if any of you care here is what happen...

I pushed because that is just the way that I am. I can't think of a way to justify it right now...I think that I'd maybe call next time or check and see what he does...

He calls me and flips K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif!

Well a Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif comes on the river and I'm sunk...

So Again the guy played it terrible, but I don't like my playing either.

-Gryph

KdoubleK
12-13-2004, 10:25 PM
The guy played it worse than terrible. And you played it perfect. you get in for 1/2 bet, check the worst hand on the flop, bet what I think would be the best hand on the turn, and get it all in with a huge edge on your hand. Checking with the set would've been the bigger mistake unless you planned to check raise all in thereby making it hard for him to call with a weak draw. But even while this play might have saved your skin it's still less profitable than the one you made. Trust your instincts.