PDA

View Full Version : Who besides Hellmuth lays this down

two_dogs
12-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Party 30+3 still in the second level the villain is sitting on my right(utg) and I'm utg+1 with k /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif
This guy had already raised pre flop four other times anywhere from 2xBB to 4xBB.He folded out of two of the hands showed down Jacks on one and got no callers on the other.

utg raises T150
I reraise T300
folded back to utg who pushes
Whats a mother to do?

Phill S
12-13-2004, 09:18 AM
if you fold you are quite probably the stupidest player on this forum.

im not sugar coating it any more than i have already.

Phill

Guy McSucker
12-13-2004, 09:25 AM
Hmmm let's see.

There's only one hand you fear and even if he has it you're not dead. You have almost half your stack in there already. The opponent has shown himself to be aggressive.

Folding doesn't seem right.

You can't raise since he's all-in.

Doesn't leave many options, does it?

Alternatively, think like this: "I have pocket kings. I go all-in." That's probably a better approach anyway.

Guy.

ghostface
12-13-2004, 10:04 AM
If you never lay down pocket kings pf you will still make tons of money. It will even make up for the times when you lose to AA believe it or not.

nuclear500
12-13-2004, 10:10 AM
So you min-raise with Kings? You left the door open for him to push by min-raising.

Now, if he'd merely called and you raised and he pushed, the story might be a tad different. Though its still a relatively easy call IMO.

jcm4ccc
12-13-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm assuming you called, he had Aces, and this is a bad beat story.

stillnotking
12-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Rule number one of poker is "always put your opponent on the nuts", so you have to put him on Aces here. Easy fold.

Actually, I'm lying, that's not rule number one of poker, and if you even thought for 2 seconds about folding KK before the flop you should not be playing no-limit hold'em.

YourFoxyGrandma
12-13-2004, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who besides Hellmuth lays this down

[/ QUOTE ]

People who aren't looking to accumulate chips.

two_dogs
12-13-2004, 11:47 AM
Not really a bad beat story just a realization that when you're unlucky enough to run up against aces with kings you are pretty much screwed.Yeah he had em. Even if he had just called and no ace came on the board he would of got my chips.Cause hell no I ain't foldin kings!