PDA

View Full Version : Future of Hold 'em.

aron
12-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Apart from rounders, it was 7 months since I first came in contact with hold 'em.
A friend had downloaded the WSOP, and I was just amazed.
A month later it was broadcasted in sweden for the first time and all of a sudden it seemed like everyone talked about it.
Or maybe it was just that I was talking about it to everyone who would listen.

As I understand this is what happened in the States too, but maybe a year or so earlier?
And then this is the reason that there are so many people playing on line now?

What do you say of the future of hold 'em?
Will pros keep be able to make money on line, will the fish keep coming?
Will the boom die out and internet gamblers will have to find other ways to suppport themself?

If you think there will be any change what time span are we talking?

If this has been discussed before, OK, never bothered to do a search since I never seem to find anything anyway.
So just flame me.

-aron

aron
12-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Hate to do this but I promise I will let go if no one replies to this.

-aron

D.H.
12-14-2004, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If this has been discussed before, OK, never bothered to do a search since I never seem to find anything anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem, it has been discussed a lot. I did a quick search for '+future +poker' and found this thread which is less than two weeks old:

The Poker Bubble: Future of Industry (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=1331618&Foru m=All_Forums&Words=%2Bfuture%20%2Bpoker&Searchpage =0&Limit=50&Main=1331176&Search=true&where=sub&Nam e=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&ol dertype=)