PDA

View Full Version : Craziest game I've ever played (Low content/bad beat post)

PoBoy321
12-13-2004, 06:04 AM
I just finished the craziest session I've ever played. I was up against the most maniacal, laggiest player I've ever played against. Would call to the river with 3rd button, or a 7 high backdoor flush draw on a paired board, anything. So I was just sitting at this game waiting, waiting, waiting for that moment to just take all of this guy's money, 'cause I knew it was there, I knew it was coming. It was a short handed game and this guy was just playing crazy aggressive, which was good on the one hand because it meant that when I had a hand, I could just let him bet into me, but bad because it caused for a very high variance, and this guy was consistently getting lucky. But I played smart. I played tight. I made all the right reads. Finally, the hand came where I broke him. It was a .10-.25 table on UBet, I had about $15 in front of me, this guy had about $50. He was playing awful but getting really lucky. Raising pre-flop about 80% of the time, betting on the flop about 95% of the time. So he raised from the small blind, BB folded and I called on the button with 78 /images/graemlins/club.gif. The flop came 845r. He bet. I raised and he moved all-in. I kinda went into the tank, but I knew the way that this guy had been playing and figured he could be doing this with damn near any two. I call. He flips over AJ for A high, I have my pair of 8s, he doesn't improve and I didn't have to. BOOM! There it was. I was up to about $30 now which didn't quite cover my losses for the night but it was a great start and I knew that I had this guy tilting like crazy and the rest of that money he had in front of him was gonna be my within the next 10 hands. The very next hand, I pick up QQ and he moves all in for $35. He's got me just barely convered, but I know I've got him dominated. I felt my blood boiling. My heart was pounding. I couldn't click that call button fast enough. I'd seen him do this with any K, any A, sometimes even Jxo. No Ks, no As on the board, but there was a 9. Sure enough, the maniac flips over his set of 9s and I was done. That session killed my BR, but I know, there's nothing I could do but play my best, and that's what I did.

BTW, I know, there's really no point to this post, and I know I was playing a little bit outside of my BR (luckily, I've still got money, I've just gotta drop down in limits), but I'm sitting here at 5am and just needed to vent a little, hope some of you can empathize, or maybe someone's gone through the same thing lately, and you know, misery loves company.

josie_wales
12-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Nice...a bad beat post with no paragraphs. My favorite.

jw