PDA

View Full Version : AA, and I blind bet the flop

River2Pair
12-13-2004, 04:58 AM
live SoCal 4/8

Dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG. I raise.

Lady in EP calls.

Laggy guy in MP 3-bets.

I cap, both call, I bet the flop blind.

Flop came K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Lady calls, guy raises. I call.

Turn is 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, lady checks, guy bets, I raise, lady cold-calls.

River is A /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, both call.

Anyone hate betting the flop blind?

Vaftrudner
12-13-2004, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no. /v

Evan
12-13-2004, 05:41 AM
Everything you do at a poker table should have a reason. IMO there's rarely a reason for a dark flop bet. Its often a good tool on later streets, but doing it on the flop is usually a bad move.

Mind sharing why you did it?

Cerril
12-13-2004, 07:54 AM
I can see doing it here once in a rare while. Obviously you're going to bet 99% or more of flops anyway here with a small variety of hands, but doing it is going to make them suspicious about how vulnerable you are. It's like saying 'I have aces'. Some people will go 'oh, you have aces' and fold, but most will tend to call down with ever-so-slightly worse holdings, or maybe just not believe you have an ace. The river definitely has the case ace calling and the flop has pretty much any king.

It only works once if you actually get to show down AA though, since you can't be any more likely to gauge what they'll do knowing that -last time- you had the goods.

Smasharoo
12-13-2004, 09:39 AM

It's a live so cal 4/8 game.

Anyone even NOTICE that you did it?

River2Pair
12-13-2004, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It's a live so cal 4/8 game.

Anyone even NOTICE that you did it?

[/ QUOTE ]

the dealer announced it

River2Pair
12-13-2004, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everything you do at a poker table should have a reason. IMO there's rarely a reason for a dark flop bet. Its often a good tool on later streets, but doing it on the flop is usually a bad move.

Mind sharing why you did it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I got two bets in on the flop three-way, and got to checkraise the turn. That was basically my plan. I wanted to get a lot of money into the pot post-flop out of position.

Problem is, that it might have cost me the pot. It was a gamble, and I'm doing really well in Sklansky bucks.

River2Pair
12-13-2004, 11:57 AM
lady: "send the money deala pocka a, nogoot, I happa wheel."

and tables 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.