PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Get a Protective Table Cover???

Triple C
12-13-2004, 03:00 AM
Got an oval hold'em style table coming soon and I wanted to know if any of you had made or bought a protective table cover. I couldn't find anything...I was sort of imagining a slip on cover like for a pool table. If I had to make one, I sorta envisioned it like a giant shower cap...a big tarp cut out a bit bigger than the table surface and then sewing in an elastic band to wrap underneath.

Who's got some ideas? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

rusellmj
12-13-2004, 11:41 AM
I know pool table covers are available. Obviously they'll be rectangular. I purchased some for my business awhile back for less than $10 each. Just plastic but they keep the dust off.
Good Luck,
Russ

Riverboat Willie
12-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Making your own cover wouldn't be too hard either. Depending upon who's making your table, and what materials they're using, you can even make it match the table. Go to JoAnn's fabrics and find yourself a 3 yard piece of vinyl (to make the large piece for the top of the cover) and an extra 3 yard piece (to make the edge surround). Cut the first piece a little bigger than your table (by about 2 inches all the way arround) and cut the other piece into 2, 6-8" wide strips the whole 3 yard length. Flip the top material upside down, and sew the edge material to it "like a box" with the good side facing in. Then when you're finished, flip the whole thing inside out and whammo... perfect custom cover with perfect seams.

dakine
12-13-2004, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Got an oval hold'em style table coming soon and I wanted to know if any of you had made or bought a protective table cover. I couldn't find anything...I was sort of imagining a slip on cover like for a pool table. If I had to make one, I sorta envisioned it like a giant shower cap...a big tarp cut out a bit bigger than the table surface and then sewing in an elastic band to wrap underneath.

Who's got some ideas? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Re: Where Can I Get a Protective Table Cover???

From your linen closet? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Slow Play Ray
12-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Just do what I did - buy a sheet of "stretchable vinyl" for $30 from pokernstuff.com to make your rails, decide at the very last minute that you want a different color and buy it from Joanne Fabrics for $12, be too lazy to sell the other vinyl to someone else or return it, then realize it fits over your table perfectly. Voila - "instant" poker table cover.

*DISCLAIMER* I do not actually recommend doing this. I am an idiot.

Triple C
12-14-2004, 04:20 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. It's going to be in a semi-public student lounge and I didn't want the table to get beat up or used as a bench. Also I don't want to have to replace the felt too soon or clean off nasty spills.

So as far as anyone knows, there's no where to buy such a thing?