PDA

View Full Version : Could I get away from QQ here?

Myst
12-13-2004, 02:08 AM
Party 3 table $30 + 3 SNGs. Blinds 100/200

Me and Villian are the chip leaders with about ~3000 with 10 left in the final table.

UTG+1 (3200) raises to 700. Short stack goes all in (550). Folded to me in the big blind, and I have QQ. I put the short stack, a fairly loose player on Ax. I also put UTG+1 on a strong hand, and he does have me covered.

There is 1550 in the pot right now. I went all in, only to be shown down KK.

Should I have avoided a confrotation with the big stack? I realy felt I could easily outplay the table if I avoided it. Or is folding WAY too weak-tight? Is calling even an option?

ghostface
12-13-2004, 04:42 AM
Well making the min raise would be to 1200 and that doesnt make much sense. Theres not really anyway to put that guy on KK. Its a tough call here but what can you do? It sounds like you go out on this hand no matter what. How long did you have to last until you made the money? Obviously being one of the leaders you were playing to win though so I think you made the right move. With anything but KK, AA, or possible AK if hes not too smart, the chip leader is going to fold to your all-in. Just a bad beat.

Soleo
12-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Thing I want to avoid here is going out in one hand. My shape is not bad, so I avoid gambling against another big stack. I'd fold here because bets of reasonable size at flop will take too much of your stack.

adanthar
12-14-2004, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold here

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible.

Your choices are to call and push and I much prefer pushing.

Bigwig
12-14-2004, 05:14 PM
No, you can't get away from QQ in this spot. You're going broke, unfortunately.

Elektrik
12-14-2004, 05:27 PM
I'd recommend, for future posts, to not put your results in the post itself. It will bias the responses you get, and you won't generate as good of a discussion. If people are really curious, post them after the discussion has died.

My action here is pretty read dependent. How strong of a hand does it take for villain to push here? If I've seen him raising a lot, it's an easy push for me. In fact, unless I know that he's been tight with his raises, it's usually a push for me.

This is a tough situation because of the blind sizes relative to the stacks. Earlier on, you could raise and fold to a reraise. But now, it's pretty much a guessing game dependent upon what you think UTG could be raising with.