PDA

View Full Version : Omaha split PL hand

06-28-2002, 02:03 PM
The following hand occurred in an online event I played today; it was the third or fourth hand of the tourney, the blinds were T2-4, and we

all had about the T125 from the start.

Two spots off the button, I'm dealt A-A-J-7,

four suits. There were three limpers to me, and I limped, figuring I could take off a card and always have done with the hand if someone put in a pot- sized raise before the flop. The button also limped, the small blind completed and the BB checked it down.

The flop came A-K-Q, again with no suits. The small blind bet the pot($28), was called once, and I moved in. Both players called all- in.

It seems to me that at least one of the players calling all-in made a mistake, that even if one or both have J-10, their hand is only good

for the moment, with no flush draw on the board. Would any of you esteemed readers even have led at this pot holding J-10 from up front?

perfidious

06-29-2002, 12:11 PM
Why on earth would you want to go all in on this hand. You are obviously behind and, assuming that the other 2 players are not idiots, you will only have 9 outs at best on the turn and 12 outs at best on the river while getting only 3:1 on your chips. That does not include when a 10 hits on the turn making two of a suit on the board that will then have flush draws - of which you have none. Save your chips for a better opportunity.