PDA

View Full Version : Week One Picks

09-08-2001, 10:53 PM
I like Seattle -3.5 at Cleveland. For sure the Seattle secondary is weak at the moment with injuries to Springs and Williams but I cant see Couch having enough time in the pocket to expoit this and his receiving corps is a pretty thin bunch anyways. Look for Watters to soften up a below average Dline early and force the Browns to play 8 in the box. Then Holmgren will unleash Hasselbeck and watch out for the fireworks.

Kansas City +3 is my next pick. I think KC might be the dark horses is the AFC this year. I love the upgrades they have made at coach, QB and RB and the emotion of the crowd will surely lift them against the hated Raiders. I like the matchup of the KC secondary against the Raiders starting WRs. I think they will be tested by burners... but Rice and Brown arent going to burn anyone... even if they are both headed for the Hall of Fame.

My final pick is St Louis -3. Ive tried as hard as I can to find a way for the Philly D to get some pressure on Warner... but I cant. Philly has a good secondary but the key to stopping the Rams is getting some pressure on Warner if you dont... you will get burnt big time. if they blitz LBs (which they will probably have to) watch for some dinks to Faulk and he could have a huge day. If they play honest... Warner will have a huge day. On D I cant see enought threat from Phillys WRs to give Williams and crew a headache and they can stack up to stop Staley and McNabb.

My 3 bets in week 1...

Seattle -3.5 (best bet)

KC +3

Rams -3

Cheers,

Keith

09-09-2001, 08:05 PM
I managed to get Seattle -3...

so i went push, push, push.

believe me....

Ive had worse weeks.

Keith