PDA

View Full Version : Vicodin

theantelope
12-13-2004, 01:30 AM
Just downed 3 500/325's.

Recreational effects aside, I swear this stuff makes me a rular poker playa.

Edit: Last option should read: "Somewhat negative to 'puts me to sleep.'"

theantelope
12-13-2004, 01:55 AM
After posting this thread, I came across this thread, (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1041115&Fo rum=f14&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1041115& Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=2071&daterange=1&ne werval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post1041115) which shows that at least one other player has found a positive effect on his/her poker game. Not that I would actually reccomend hydrocodone or other opiates for the purposes of improving one's game (or, for anything other than pain management, really--opiates are highly addictive and have ruined many lives), but it's interesting, at least I think. I do not believe I have ADHD like the other poster does, but I do concur that hydro puts me in a great place to really focus on my game. It just seems impossible to become distracted by 'life'--probably one reason the drug is so dangerous, and probably a sign that I have sub-optimal things going on with my psychology, whether or not clinically diagnosable.

Another drug I would like to try in combination with poker is Adderall.

BusterStacks
12-13-2004, 01:59 AM
I dunno, opiates always make me feel nauseated the day after. I took Oxycontin last night and have felt like hell all day. At the time though, totally 31337. I do however enjoy adderall as often as possible.

theantelope
12-13-2004, 02:01 AM
I thought I would post this here because it's not worthy of another thread:

Yo---wouldn't it be totally sweet to fly a plane?

andyfox
12-13-2004, 02:03 AM
When it was prescribed to me for pain following back surgery, it did nothing for the pain. But it did make me super-sensitive. Watching a child play would make me cry like Deniro in Analyze This and hearing an unfunny Henny Youngman joke that I didn't find funny in 1962 would make me laugh for an hour. After three days, I threw all the remaining pill in the garbage.

theantelope
12-13-2004, 02:03 AM
Really? Never experienced that myself. A little nauseous "during" sometimes, but never after.

Did you try to defeat the time-release with the OC at all, or did you just take it as-is?

Sponger15SB
12-13-2004, 02:04 AM
I've got around 150 worth of vicodin's when you combine potential refills and pills from my elbow injury and surgery this summer.

I usually just give them to my friends, but I've never actually though about using them for anything else

theantelope
12-13-2004, 02:05 AM
Would it be a small turbo-prop, a lear-jet type set-up, a fighter jet, or a jumbo jet?

If a jumbo jet, would it make it more or less fun to have it full of passengers? (Assuming you felt confident you weren't going to kill everyone).

theantelope
12-13-2004, 02:08 AM
I had a wisdom tooth taken out over the summer and my dentist wouldn't prescribe anything stronger than 800 mg Ibuprofen. Stupid bitch.

Sponger--just out of curiosity, what congifuration are your pills? They are listed as something like "XXX mg Hydrocodone / YYY mg APAP." Sometimes just "XXX/YYY." Abusers prefer the highest XXX:YYY ratio--the most opiates to the least tylenol. (Tylenol is bad for the liver and makes one feel really gross in high doses).

BusterStacks
12-13-2004, 02:27 AM
yeah, the OC time release is a coating on the outside. You hold the pill in your hand for a few minutes then scrape it off. Crush up the pill and put it under your tongue. Really REALLY awesome effects, I won't be doing it again.

theantelope
12-13-2004, 02:31 AM
The time release is both in the coating and in the body of the pill itself. If you were to bang it with a hammer a bunch of times after taking off the coating, and/or chop it up with a razor blade, and then eat it, you would notice an even more profound effect than just taking off the coating (although I know you did say you crushed it). Probably a good idea never to do it again, though--super addictive [censored].

Boris
12-13-2004, 03:39 AM
Im convinced that vicodin makes me a better poker player.

Rooster71
12-13-2004, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just downed 3 500/325's.

Recreational effects aside, I swear this stuff makes me a rular poker playa.

Edit: Last option should read: "Somewhat negative to 'puts me to sleep.'"

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, how the hell do you guys get doctors to prescribe these drugs? I have a degenerative neurological disorder that causes considerable and almost constant pain and the best I've been able to get is Darvocet N (which sucks). Doctors in my area seem to be very conservative (read "they really don't give a [censored] what's wrong with you, prescribing narcotics could eventually cause them problems so screw your pain.)

theantelope
12-13-2004, 05:04 AM
That sucks.

I don't know much about this--but one suggestion I have is to try looking around on the web for pain managment sites, and see if there are groups in your area where you may be able to form contacts with folks who will know doctors who are more generous with narcotics.