PDA

View Full Version : TT from CO

Elektrik
12-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Party $50+5. BB is t50. I deleted the email on accident, so HH is a bit screwed up, sorry. Comments on all streets appreciated.

UTG ( $975 )
UTG+1( $1080 )
MP ( $1140 )
Hero ( $1150 )
Button ( $2180 )
SB ( $2455 )
BB( $1020 )

Hero is CO with TcTs.

UTG folds.
UTG+1folds.
MP raises [100].
Hero raises [250].
Button calls [250].
SB folds.
BB folds.
MP folds.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 3s, 7d, 2d ]
Hero bets [500], Button raises [1000], Hero....?

ghostface
12-13-2004, 12:52 AM
I dont play this high yet but is just calling preflop the correct play here. I would raise or fold this?? Unless you think button is making a move with AK i think you would fold on the flop.

ChrisV
12-13-2004, 01:13 AM
This is a bit of a textbook example of why I would just call with TT preflop here. There's zero room to manouvre on the flop.

Given the reraise, I would check the flop. I'm pretty scared of the button here. If he has AK or AQ I doubt he will make a convincing bet and I'll then raise allin. He may well bet small with AA as well, in which case I'll go broke.

The way the hand was played, I don't think you can fold. Your two outer actually gives a fair bit of equity - something like 250 chips, and it's only 400 to call, while folding when he has 88/99/AK will be a gigantic mistake. If you're going to bet the flop you should just bet allin.

ghostface
12-13-2004, 01:26 AM
Ah crap I read the post wrong. Thought the reraise was in front of you preflop.

The way you played it you definitely cant fold the flop now since most of ur stack is in there. I agree that check/push or check/fold is the correct play. I guess it just depends on what the button does/represents and what you think he has. I wouldnt cold call your reraise with anything but AA and maybe AK. On an all rag flop with AK you have to think about what ur opponent would do and it doesnt look like he has AK by his raise of your big bet. Seems like he would have AA-QQ here, and rarely AK or 77.

The way it turned out I'd push it in after the raise.

tigerite
12-13-2004, 06:09 AM
Agreed, and stop re-raising 10s preflop, they are not strong enough to do that with.

ghostface
12-13-2004, 06:11 AM
With TT you are hoping to get in relatively cheap when theres a lot of ppl left. You really want to flop a set or have an overpair the 33% of the time it happens. Here since you reraised and got a cold caller the pot is huge and you are scared of a better hand. Calling is the right play now since your stack is mostly invested. Just dont play this way in the future. Call the raise pf and and check the flop as the others advise to see where you are.