PDA

View Full Version : Pushing A High...Should I have held back?

NYGmen56
12-13-2004, 12:17 AM
Did I push this too much???

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, MP folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

ErrantNight
12-13-2004, 01:28 AM
I think thinking you're ahead on each street seems pretty reasonable here.

I think a bet is better than a check on the river (I say this because I was contemplating checking it... here I wouldn't)

i'd consider checking on the flop.

LaggyLou
12-13-2004, 02:04 AM
On the river, what hands that you beat call you? King high? I don't think so. I think that if you get called then you are either splitting or losing to a small to medium PP. And I don't think a better hand is folding this river -- if he called the first deuce, he's gonna call the second. So yes, I think you pushed it too much for this tiny pot.

zimmer879
12-13-2004, 02:36 AM
Check/call the river. You're far more likely to induce a bluff than to have a worse hand call.

chesspain
12-13-2004, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check/call the river. You're far more likely to induce a bluff than to have a worse hand call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto