PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

06-27-2002, 03:34 AM
I've had my heart broken by the ex....and I've gone to Montana and back to recoup....

I'm back...placed 4th in the first tourney I've played since returning...beware /images/smile.gif

RB

06-27-2002, 11:25 AM
Congrats on the tourney. /images/smile.gif

Was it at Canterbury? If so, which tourney?

06-27-2002, 12:18 PM
well done on 4th place. I think that I outchipped you by about 4000 when you arrived at our table with 19 left. A few transparent attempts at stealing met with deserved punishment and I was cut right down and out in 12th place. Oh well, about to sit down at the $1 NL - where I belong. Well done again.

06-27-2002, 12:26 PM
No, it was at pokerstars, and he is playing like he needs the money too.

MS Sunshine

06-27-2002, 01:34 PM
Unreal read, MS Sunshine...yep...unemployed and looking /images/smile.gif - LOL - network industry is a bitch right now...that $200 will help cover the rent a bit.

It was pokerstars...I may hit Canterbury tonight...hard to say - what's better...a crapshoot with 60 players for $100 where a bit of luck can make you a lot of money, or the $20 and $30 tourneys on Pokerstars with bigger fields and tougher competition but more skill then luck related

I've kinda adjusted my final table style a bit after watching the final table of the World Poker Open 2002 two nights ago on ESPN /images/smile.gif - that and the fact that the last 5 tourneys I've placed in...I think it was in 8th almost every time...clearly my strategy of waiting for good hands was killing me /images/smile.gif

st8foru had an unreal streak of luck vs. El Coyote and Lobo...I knew that if I didn't get super aggressive and double up thru one of the three remaining players at the table, they'd all softplay and not take any risks till I was blinded out /images/smile.gif - got stuck with A7 vs JJ and bye bye love.

06-27-2002, 01:38 PM
are you the one I busted out ...QQ vs 10/10?

Unlucky for you if it was...I don't know if I'd call that a steal or not...my head must be fuzzy, cause I coulda swore you got to the final table....musta been that other wolf.

Don't waste too much time at the $1 - not worth the time /images/smile.gif - best bang for the buck is probably the $10 tourneys...pretty soft, yet enough money in the top 9 to make it worth your while to play.

Perhaps I'll see ya all tonight at the ol' $20 and $30 games..

RB

06-27-2002, 06:11 PM
Lucky at cards...Unlucky at love.

Good Luck

Mark

06-28-2002, 12:41 AM
At this point, will take luck at cards.

RIP John Entwhistle

06-28-2002, 12:00 PM
I got it too last night...

Made a stupid move...took AQ vs KK (after KK reraised) - and rivered an A at the end.

God looks out for fools and single guys, I guess.

RB