PDA

View Full Version : straight and flush draw to big action

Alobar
12-12-2004, 09:26 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (12 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

I could be drawing dead on the turn, or at the very least my outs are tainted. Was calling bad?

I bet the river because I didn't want a c/r to get 3 bet.

balkii
12-12-2004, 10:04 PM
river is fine.

turn, dude. why would you even THINK about folding there. that would be a horrible fold.

I would however check the turn usually. you dont really want to get raised here, and have little chacne of stealing from two players.

Jeff W
12-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Calling the turn is easy. 5:1+implied odds with a straight+flush draw on a paired board is plenty. Your outs aren't tainted enough to fold.

The river bet is fine. I wouldn't mind risking 3 bets to win 4, but if you check/raise you're likely going to push out BB and end up winning 2 BB anyway at a higher risk than betting out.

stripsqueez
12-12-2004, 11:23 PM
the biggest crime on the turn would be to bet out and fold to a 3 bet

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

ScottyP431
12-13-2004, 12:16 AM
"I could be drawing dead on the turn, or at the very least my outs are tainted. Was calling bad?"

there could also be monsters under your bed, in this game ur hand = huge and good

if anything i think the board pairing gave some yahoo a last glimmer of hope that KK was good

Also- i like u sacked up and bet river- if someone has stuck around with like AX of clubs then god bless them

Alobar
12-13-2004, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the appropriate berating about my turn thoughts. Was in the middle of a bad run and guess was seeing monsters /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I usually always bet out again on the turn if the top card pairs, I figure its a good spot to continue the semi bluff. Especially since on this board they could ahve called the flop with a backdoor or gutshot. Is that something I should thinking twice about doing when there are multiple people in the hand still?

HH revealed that they both had a jack in their hands.