PDA

View Full Version : limit hold em stats

ojsdaman
12-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Whats up everyone. I was wondering a few things about limit holdem. I play party sng $10-50 and was wondering if my stats should match up with most of yours. I am not sure if there should be a big difference between limit and NL.
Also I have read doyle's book but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas for books that would concentrate on "online limit tourneys". Also i am looking for a website that also focus's on the same. I currently use 2+2 but that is more geared towards NL for the tourneys. Thankyou very much for your time and ideas.

ojsdaman
12-12-2004, 09:50 PM
i guess the main question i have is if you should see more or less flops due to the limit..currently i see 19 % flops in limit
thanyou

axioma
12-13-2004, 01:46 PM
generally, you will be seeing the flop more often in limit than no limit for sure.

taking into account you play SnG's, ie you will often find yourself in shorthanded situations, 19% is a little on the low side.

Rudbaeck
12-14-2004, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
generally, you will be seeing the flop more often in limit than no limit for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be true for sit'n'gos but I doubt it. It's absolutely not true for ring games.

meow_meow
12-14-2004, 10:47 AM
As stated above, SNG's are not anything like full ring, both because the end goal is different, and because they get short-handed.

I'm not sure that a flops seen % has any meaning in the context of a SNG, given their structure, unless you limit it to, say, flops seen in the first 2 or 3 levels.

stonecoldnuts
12-14-2004, 10:26 PM
i play quite a bit of limit and no limit, and i always see more flops playing no limit for 2 reasons, 1 being that you'll make more off of weaker hands, you just have to be able to make better laydowns if you play mediocre hands, in a structured game you can only make a certain amount on each hand, and there is absolutely no betting some one out of a pot

ojsdaman
12-15-2004, 01:42 AM
i thought you would see less flops in limit too...in addition, suited connectors arent nearly as valuable in limit...they never seem to pay off, and you need to pay a pretty price to "connect" them