PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Pair, Overcard, OESD

Shorty35
12-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Should I have pushed on the flop here? I didnt want to jeopardize my big chip lead on a draw. And I figured I must be behind the MP after his push.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB (t935)
Hero (t6250)
UTG (t2110)
MP (t2640)
Button (t1565)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t100, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t300</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls t200, UTG calls t200.

Flop: (t950) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets t2340 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: t3290

tigerite
12-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Easy fold, what if he has AK? Which is quite likely, from his preflop raise. Why are you calling with KTo preflop?

Shorty35
12-12-2004, 09:50 PM
I call b/c the 200 chips dont affect my lead and, with a perfect flop I can put a real dent in the smaller stacks. This was a not quite perfect flop, so I fold.

kalooki45
12-13-2004, 08:05 AM
Depends on the people, but you have a pair of tens only.
You've got a 3xBB raise, a made straight on the board, and a guy who is likely to have AK, AA, KK, even QQ JJ beat you--I'd fold like a shot.

jcm4ccc
12-13-2004, 10:34 AM
I think calling preflop with KTo is bleeding chips.

On the flop, this seems like a great place to bully the smaller stacks. A hell of a lot of fold equity, a hell of a lot of outs. On the chance that you get called and lose, you still have a lot of chips. I would go all-in. Does anybody agree with that?

etgryphon
12-13-2004, 10:40 AM
No...I think you could only make that play with a board that looked like:
8 9 T (r) with your hand being J8

Which is kind of a mute point because no one play this hand here. I can under stand the call, but I would have prefered you hand to be at least suited to give you more outs.

-Gryph

RobGW
12-13-2004, 12:30 PM
I think the PF call is ok IF you are good at post flop play. Otherwise just fold and dont get involved here. On this flop you have bottom pair. That's it. Your draw is probably not good. If a 9 comes you have the sucker end. If an ace comes you will probably split. You don't have any diamonds. Your pair is almost always beat here. Laying this down is what I am talking about when I say playing well post flop. If you can make laydowns like this then you can play KT. If you are having trouble seeing why you should fold this, then just fold it pre flop.