PDA

View Full Version : Royal Vegas Poker sucks

rerazor
12-12-2004, 06:23 PM
I don't know if all Prima sites are as bad as this, but their sign up bonus is a borderline scam. First, it says on their front page "40% bonus up to $100"...now I took that to mean you could get a $100 bonus if you deposited $250 or whatever. There's no link on the page explaining it that I could find. I did find a link buried in their About Us/Legal information explaining that I had to play a number of raked hands equal to the deposit.

Lo and behold, I finally check on my bonus status with support. After about 2 hours of multitabling I have THIRTY SIX raked hands and am 1/3 the way towards a $40 bonus. Of course they don't use the standard "raked hands" everyone else I've played uses. The whole thing just smells.

Yobz
12-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Yeah, it took me a while to clear my crappy bonus there. I did it through ECD though, so I got something else out of it at the same time

Helios
12-12-2004, 11:16 PM
I the worst part is the raked hand amount is your depost plus the bonus times their number not just the bonus like most sites

p0kereye0ut
12-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Play some 1-1. Eaisiest way to get raked hands and to make money. Lots of suckers playing 1-1 .25-.50c blinds and you'll be entered into the freerolls.

jokerthief
12-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Yeah, you'll get to go to the freerolls until you win it a couple of times. Then you can play 200 raked hands and they will tell you you've played 26. That's what happened me and someone else I know. By the way, I know that you have contribute to the pot for it to count. With that and all the stories of Prima freezing accounts, I would play elsewhere. There is no need to patronize a site that is even a little shady when there is better alternatives out there.

Synergistic Explosions
12-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Let me jump in here and defend Prima. There are many differences in their bonuses compared to other sites bonuses. However, not all are bad. In fact, they can be quite advantageous for many segments of the poker playing community.

For example, Prima is one of the few sites that give you your bonus up front instead of backended. This is a positive in my book.

Secondly, Prima let's you clear their bonuses in micro micro limit games where the rakes need only total .05 instead of the industry standard .25 or in Party poker and Poker stars case, .50 rakes.

So in a way, being able to clear your raked hand requirements for 1/10th the total needed in some cases is a huge benefit to those very low limit players who would otherwise be shut out of clearing any bonus given.

No other poker network allows its .10/.20 or .25/.50 players to be able to clear a nice bonus for rakes of .05. Maybe that doesn't mean much to you all who play for much larger stakes, but you should know the majority of real money players actually do play at these low limits when available. So lets not penalize Prima for caring about these players and structuring a bonus they can take advantage of.

Now on the other hand, some Prima sites have made changes to satisfy the higher stakes players who desire a bonus. Such as The Gaming Club with their newly structured bonuses based on BRP points. Where you earn between 1-3 BRP's depending on the games limits you choose to play. At 2-4 and up you get 3 BRP's I believe. Which means 100 raked hands you participate in will clear a $20 bonus level, with a max bonus of $200 total. That's not to bad in my opinion and whenever they offer me this bonus I take it. They don't even make you deposit anything, just play it off as you go.

So maybe the Prima bonuses aren't for everyone, but for some, they could be the best bonus they could take advantage of at the limits they play on.

Synergistic Explosions
12-13-2004, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you'll get to go to the freerolls until you win it a couple of times. Then you can play 200 raked hands and they will tell you you've played 26. That's what happened me and someone else I know. By the way, I know that you have contribute to the pot for it to count. With that and all the stories of Prima freezing accounts, I would play elsewhere. There is no need to patronize a site that is even a little shady when there is better alternatives out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just not true. I use to play these regularly and have won 3 maybe 4 1k's. Two of them came within weeks of eachother. They do not somehow ban you from them after that.

What happens sometimes is their raked hand counter lags, and sometimes lags for many many hours. Sure it is frustrating when you are trying to qualify for that days free roll, but you always will get credit for the raked hands by at least the next day. It's unfortuneate that it happens when you make plans to play in that days free roll and can't. I know its frustrating, and it's happened to all of us at some point.

However, the good thing about the way they credit you with raked hands is once you qualify it usually last for 48 hours instead of 24. I don't know why, but I've not played a single raked hand in a 24 hour period and have still been able to register for the free rolls.

So yes, you do get screwed sometimes, but you also gain benefits by the screwy raked hand counter they use also.

It evens out in the end. Just go with it. There's no conspiracy going on to keep you out of a free roll because you rule it so supremely!

jdl22
12-13-2004, 02:10 AM
You gotta play stud. The key is that you have to contribute to the pot. Antes count so it's pretty easy at 1/2 stud. The only problem is that the game doesn't always run.

climber
12-13-2004, 04:18 AM
Once they freeze your account and don't give you your cashout though a lot of these "nice things" about Royal Vegas stop mattering!

I'm never going back.

jokerthief
12-13-2004, 04:34 AM
You sound like you work for prima. There is a conspiricy, or a glitch that they refuse to fix, to keep me out of freerolls and it's not your raked hand lagging scenario. I would play early in the morning and play hundrends of hands and then many hours later try to register for the tourny and of course I wouldn't be able to. This happened many times. I finally quit playing there not because of this but because customer support wouldn't respond to my emails and thier live people would call me a liar in a round about way. I didn't really care about the money. Like I said before, I am not the only person this has happened to.

With Prima's piss poor customer support and all the stories of unjustly freezing people's accounts, why bother? There are better safer sites to play at.

Synergistic Explosions
12-13-2004, 08:03 AM
I've played on about 10 different Prima sites over the last two years. I've not had any serious problems on any of them.

All I can say is if you don't like Prima, don't play Prima. But please, quit your whining.

Thanks.

jokerthief
12-13-2004, 05:37 PM
You definetly work for prima. I am not whining, I am just stating the fact that there are much better places to play given the numerous shady stories that come from prima and don't come from anywhere else. Why would anyone want to play there? If something goes wrong customer support is no where to be found. They have crappy security that allows people to buy in with stolen credit cards. When those funds get taken back by the credit card company, prima seizes the accounts of any unfortuant player that happened to win a pot off the thief.

You defend them because you work for them. I don't work for any site and my point is why bother? Go some place safe. There are plenty of alternatives.

Synergistic Explosions
12-13-2004, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You definetly work for prima. I am not whining, I am just stating the fact that there are much better places to play given the numerous shady stories that come from prima and don't come from anywhere else. Why would anyone want to play there? If something goes wrong customer support is no where to be found. They have crappy security that allows people to buy in with stolen credit cards. When those funds get taken back by the credit card company, prima seizes the accounts of any unfortuant player that happened to win a pot off the thief.

You defend them because you work for them. I don't work for any site and my point is why bother? Go some place safe. There are plenty of alternatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying I work for them makes about as much sense as them locking you out of free rolls because you win them to much.

It makes about as much sense as them singling you out and turning off the raked hand counter on your account and your account only so you will never be able to play in another Prima FREEROLL the rest of your life!

Seriously dude, if you believe Prima is abusing you on a personal basis because you are such a good free roll tournament player, you've got serious issues. They call these type of issues paranoid schizophrenia.

Have a nice day,

Pete Prima

flafishy
12-13-2004, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"A 40% deposit bonus up to $100"

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the exact wording on Royal Vegas' Web site.

This is just wrong. Every other site, that means you get up to a $100 bonus. On Royal Vegas Poker, I learned over the weekend after I deposited $250 to get a $100 bonus that it means they'll give you 40% bonus on up to a $100 deposit. Which means I have to play a gazillion hands to get a $40 bonus. Had I known that, I wouldn't have bothered.

jokerthief
12-13-2004, 06:43 PM
You have serious reading comprehension issues don't you. As far as me getting locked out of the freeroll, I don't know why it happened but it happened. And when it happened support did nothing to recitfy or explain the situation. Given the last point and the fact that they have seized peoples accounts because of thier own security flaw, why play there?

You are attacking me and calling me paranoid because I noticed that this started after I won 2 tournaments within two days of each other. I concede the point that it is more likly a software glitch. But does it really matter? The end result is the same. Why don't you answer my other points? Any player a Prima has to worry about getting thier accounts frozen because Prima has inadequete security procedures to prevent stolen credit cards from buying in. This has happened to too many people at 2+2 to write off. Add to this the deceptive marketing of their bonuses. This site is SHADY. It's not worth the risk to play there when someone can play at plenty of other safer sites.

Synergistic Explosions
12-13-2004, 06:45 PM
If you clicked on the 'terms & conditions' it states:
40% Bonus deposit up to a maximum of $40

To receive the 40% sign-up offer of up to $40 free, players need to download the Royal Vegas Poker software and register an account at Royal Vegas Poker for the first time.

The Royal Vegas Poker $40 deposit bonus is only applicable to first time players on Royal Vegas Poker, i.e. only one offer per person.

Players will be awarded the 40% deposit bonus (up to the maximum bonus amount of $40) according to the the following terms:

a. Playing a number of raked hands equal to the amount of the deposit (e.g. on a $100 deposit, player must play 100 raked hands)
b. A maximum bonus amount of $40
c. Bonus is based on first deposit only
d. Raked hands must be at tables with limits no lower than $0.25/$0.50

It spells it out pretty clearly. Now all you have to do is go to a .25/.50 five stud game, put the .12 in to enter 100 straight hands and you will clear your bonus with a 28 buck profit if you fold every hand and they reach a .05 in rake at $1.00 in the pot. Not so friggin hard to do.

Get over it and move on. Read the terms next time, most people do.

Synergistic Explosions
12-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Dude, you have issues. I really believe you are a paranoid schizophrenic. You need help. Nobody is out to get you because you won a free roll at Prima! Trust me. Seek help.

As far as your other issues, they don't apply to me. I've joined more Prima sites than most. I've never had an account locked. I've never had problems getting a withdrawal. If they were so bad I would have experienced a problem by now.

jokerthief
12-13-2004, 07:06 PM
Why don't you post something of substance instead of pathetic slander.

Facts:

1. Many people here at two plus two have been vicimized by a serious security flaw.

2. It's possible to get locked out of the freeroll, for whatever reason, and customer support is impotent to solve the problem.

3. They resort to unethical deceptive bonus marketing.

4. There are a myriad of reputable alternatives.

rerazor
12-13-2004, 07:45 PM
You sir are a shill.

It does NOT explain it clearly. You say "read the terms and conditions"..well the "terms and conditions" are buried at the bottom of the page underneath a bunch of redundant links that are at the top. Why not provide a link ON THE ACTUAL BONUS OFFER? It's car salesman bull****. Yes it's perfectly legal, but it's shady. And if they're wanting me to be a long term customer in a business where I'm trusting them with hundreds or thousands of dollars then they need to avoid shady situations.

Synergistic Explosions
12-14-2004, 01:49 AM
You two take the cake. One is convinced he has been banned from playing free rolls because he's so good they don't want him winning it all the time.

The other can't take one minute to click on the terms and condition link to see what the bonus is all about. Seems like most people would at least want to know how many raked hands it required if nothing else, right? But this guy blindly deposits and then complains when everything was clearly stated in the T & C.

I don't know, but these two probably shouldn't be gambling online with these kind of intelligence issues.

rerazor
12-14-2004, 02:21 AM
"A 40% deposit bonus up to $100"...let's examine this sentence. I would say "A 40% deposit bonus" is the subject and "up to $100" would be the , uh, modifier? I'm no english major but at BEST it's a confusing sentence. And I hate to break it to you but there's another guy in this thread complaining about the same thing.

"The other can't take one minute to click on the terms and condition link"

I did look for about one minute, shill. The link is purposely buried with crap like "site map" instead of being linked from what appear to be the major links below the ad. I deposited "blindly" because Prima is large and I thought reputable. I assumed they followed industry standards...they don't.

Oh and call me stupid if you want, it just makes your arguments weaker.

jokerthief
12-14-2004, 02:49 AM
No, you take the cake. You have clearly misrepresented what rerazor and my post's were about.

Rerazor's point is that the bonus is deceptive and he is rightly angry at this shady ploy. Your point is that despite the obvious deceptive nature of the link, rerazor doen't have the right to get upset because he could have done research and found out that is isn't a good bonus after all. Here is where you completly miss the point. HE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO ALL THAT. The fact that he does shows that RV is shady. Every site other than Royal Vegas means what they say and says what the mean when advertising thier bonuses. We should not patronize sites that have to resort to shady marketing practices.

Synergistic Explosions
12-14-2004, 03:12 AM
Who are you two? Frick and Frack?

Look, whenever taking any bonus, read the frigging terms and conditions! Simple. If you don't, and you are dissapointed, you have no one to blame but yourself. You have no right to WHINE. It really wasn't that hard to find the T & C link. Took me all of five seconds to locate it.

Now for Frack, the one who believes he's been banned from further free roll registration because he won two of them. Well, what can I say? It's pretty evident you have no clue about things. Sites don't ban people and quit counting their raked hands because they won a free roll.

I'm sorry to sound so harsh, I just hate whiners and conspiracy theorists.

Adios, see you two at the tables I hope.

Synergistic Explosions
12-14-2004, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I the worst part is the raked hand amount is your depost plus the bonus times their number not just the bonus like most sites

[/ QUOTE ]

This must be Frick and Fracks long lost cousin Fruck. The raked hand requirement is a simple 100. Most sites have a 10X raked hand requirement. This one has a 2.5 X requirement. How hard can that be? The original poster claims he multi tabled for hours and had 36 raked hands. Let's call him then Sir Foldalot.

Look, I've cleared dozens of bonuses at Prima sites. It's just not that hard to do. I can clear 100 raked hands in one hour, no problem.

I just can't believe you people are so confused by every thing Prima does.

Almost like you all have an agenda. Eh?

jokerthief
12-14-2004, 03:38 AM
You hate people who point out serious ethical and security flaws in the company you work for. It's obvious you are a shill other wise you wouldn't defend prima 9 times. You are spinning and not doing a very good job. I will keep responding because I believe it is important that people know about the unethical practices of prima. New players shouldn't even think about playing there and current players should reconsider. The security flaw is the main danger in playing there. Too many people have been victimized by it from 2+2. The fact that royal vegas uses deceptive marketing is indicitive of thier business philiosophy.

Since there is a plethora of honest and safe sites, there is no reason to patronize royal vegas. They don't deserve our business.

Drunk Bob
12-14-2004, 03:56 AM
An e-mail with Thumbs-ups Lou saying "40% up to a $100" means deposit $250 get $100 bonus.

Tell Lou to stick his thumb up his ass.

AngryCola
12-16-2004, 07:25 AM
Not only do you have to play 100 raked hands... which isn't that bad, but you have to play MORE after the bonus is deposited into your account.

"Prior to withdrawing any amount of the bonus, the player must play in a minimum of 3 raked hands per $1 of the total bonus and deposit amount, at tables no lower than $0.25/$0.50. (NOTE: the raked hands referred to in point (3) above will be counted towards the total raked hands required for withdrawing)"

It's actually like 470 raked hands, by their definition, to clear the $50($10+$40) bonus.

I just declined it and accepted the $10 free bonus. Only 50 raked hands to clear it, and I have to clear about 200 for a comp that I having coming to me.

Anyway, notice how the Prima supporter failed to include the second part of the bonus requirement.

Izaak_Walton
12-16-2004, 08:51 AM
I can't even tell which side you're on??????

lebowski58
12-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics........even if you win, you're still retarded...

fnord_too
12-16-2004, 12:51 PM
There tournies are very soft. I have an obscene ROI and final table rate at them. Also, there is often an overlay in their guranteed prize pool tournies.