PDA

View Full Version : called all-in preflop with QQ...

fimbulwinter
12-12-2004, 05:28 PM
PP 100NL 6max, $2 BB

Just sat down 1 hand ago, no reads and nobody looks familiar, and now i'm in SB with QQ. all limp to button who calls, I raise to 15, BB folds, UTG, UTG+1, CO all fold, button pushes, covering me.

my logic was that with all those limpers he wouldn't go for the limp-raise with AA/KK on the button. the only hand i could logically see him doing that with would be a med PP hoping for a +EV race/possible fold with the dead money sitting in there.

I ended up calling.

1. do you come up with the same conclusion?
2. do you think calling here is long-term +EV?

Sephus
12-12-2004, 05:47 PM
1. yeah, definitely.
2. well if 1 is yes that makes 2 yes.

cdy
12-12-2004, 08:55 PM
It seems to me that your raise to $15 might be interpreted as an overbet (but I am not really a NL player) so I would think it's very likely button is trying to pick off a possible steal attempt, especially since you just sat down at this table and no one has any reads on you. I would put him on a med pocket pair perhaps 99 or TT when he would likely think he is no worse than even money if you call. I think you call here for sure.

Chipp Leider
12-12-2004, 09:55 PM
This seems like an autocall to me. I just can't see him with AA/KK or even AK here, and even if he would only do this with pp's TT-AA you're slightly pos ev. Would anybody lay this down? Anyway, I'd think med pp too.

Jonny
12-13-2004, 01:19 AM
auto call

jzpiano14
12-13-2004, 02:47 AM
I would call

fimbulwinter
12-13-2004, 04:41 AM
well, he had AA, what can i say. long-term i think it's a good call.

eh
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
fim

TheWorstPlayer
12-13-2004, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my logic was that with all those limpers he wouldn't go for the limp-raise with AA/KK on the button

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently he was just going for a limp trap to avoid just taking the limps. Or to get stacked when the BB flops two pair with J2o.

phil_ivey_fan
12-13-2004, 10:34 AM
that sucks. Long run, your move is definitely +EV (and Button's is definitely -EV). What a lucky bastard. I love watching people misplay hands like this and get destroyed when someone gets a ragged 2pr.