PDA

View Full Version : When is it "GO" time??

prk
12-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Currently in the PP $5+1 and am card dead. Entered the break with almost exactly the avg. stack size. I am currently sitting about 100 chips less about 30min after the break. I have 1504 and the avg is around 2600.

My question is, when is it time to start making a move with some marganial hands?? A few big stakcs at the table and I am a little nervous about a call from them because they have no fold equity..

boedeker
12-12-2004, 05:17 PM
im typically content to let things get down right desperate. then hope the 60/40 holds up. say 4xbb for me.

just by the wording of your question i see youre looking at the average stack, i almost pay no attention to this especially if im at it or under it. my only concern is my stack with relation to the blinds. gl.

prk
12-12-2004, 05:27 PM
just a minute ago i finally got a playable hand in the SB. AKc. seat 5 min-raises and get's 2 other callers. I come over the top for the rest of my stack which was 1035. Everyone calls and i flop top pair with flush draw. Catch the flush and more than quadruple up!!

Patience is SOO important in these tournaments!

Myst
12-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Patience is a virtue, especially in poker. I dont personally pay attention to the "average" stack either. I just try to keep my stack at above ~6xBB. Anything below, and its desperation time for me.