PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick. Overrated?

Sponger15SB
12-12-2004, 02:49 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5448/career

I am seriously unimpressed. Although I am willing to hear all about the intangibles and crap like that....

banditbdl
12-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Career record as starter (2002-2004): 21-13-1
Atlanta record with Vick out: 2-9

Not a perfect stat by any means, but something to think about...

kerssens
12-12-2004, 03:01 PM
I haven't really watched him play that much and the numbers don't really look very good but it seems, at least from afar, that he just makes things happen. I imagine that his numbers will get better and better as seasons go by.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-12-2004, 04:50 PM
mike vick has a cannon of an arm. its a shame that he doesn't have randy moss to go grab 70 yard bombs for him.

but that said, his main falling as a QB is that he isn't very accurate, but that's certainly something that can be improved upon given time and more in game oppurtunities.

but yea, every time he tucks the ball in and runs it's a sight to see.

and yea, check out that W-L record when vick's in the lineup.

and yea, i was sold on vick since the fiesta bowl against FSU. he was effing amazing that game.

jakethebake
12-13-2004, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am seriously unimpressed. Although I am willing to hear all about the intangibles and crap like that....

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think intangibles are crap, but I think that's exactly what he doesn't have. He might be the best QB ever in terms of athletic ability.

Rick Diesel
12-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Overrated as an athlete? No way.

Overrated as one of the top QBs in the game? Probably.

R.D.

Lazymeatball
12-13-2004, 10:59 AM
He gets better every (injury free) year. I don't think anyone talks about him like he is one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the league right now, but he is still young, and people are excited about how much better he is going to be.

fnord_too
12-13-2004, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

and yea, i was sold on vick since the fiesta bowl against FSU. he was effing amazing that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the Sugar Bowl. Truly an amazing performance. It wasn't until after the West Virgina game I stopped cringing everytime he started to improvise. Who knew a red shirt freshman could do stuff like that?