PDA

View Full Version : Borrowing posts

krazyace5
12-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Are we allowed to copy and paste parts of posts on 2+2 to other sites if we give credit to the author?

GrannyMae
12-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Copyrights to all posts on the 2+2 website are owned by the authors of the posts, and not by 2+2 or ConJelCo. If you want to reproduce a 2+2 website post in a publication or on another web site, please get permission from the author of the post.

from here:

http://www.twoplustwo.com/terms.html

however, note that this is a request in the terms that you get permission from the author. i don't think it is a problem reproducing unless the author has copyrighted his own material.

you do not need to credit 2+2 tho.

Muisyle
12-12-2004, 03:09 PM
All material is copyrighted the instant it is produced.

Equal
12-12-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All material is copyrighted the instant it is produced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah so don't you copy my posts.

SackUp
12-12-2004, 06:16 PM
If you give proper citation then you can cite pretty much anything. Just b/c something is copyrighted doesn't mean you can't quote it or cite it as a resource. Otherwise any article your read that quotes another article, encyclopedia, report, or other would be a violation of copyright. Generally you are only going to violate copyright if you try to take credit for something that someone else created and is copyrighted. Once a person has put a document in the public you can genearlly quote or cite from it as long as you give the author credit for the work.

That being said I would think you could quote what someone said on 2+2 as long as you give credit to the author.

You can quote me on anything I say, unless it is wrong of couse and then I'll say you made that stuff up and sue you for defamation! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tyfromm
12-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Ok, enough with the PMs already. I know you want to put my material on your blogs, but I wrote it for 2+2 and it will stay here. <font color="white">Unless the price is right. /images/graemlins/grin.gif </font>