PDA

View Full Version : Peter Costa playingstyle

06-23-2002, 11:00 PM
Have heard that he plays tournaments in a different way, what is his playing style?

thanks

06-24-2002, 03:46 AM
I know Peter and would like to help with this question, but what exactly do you mean ? Different to the way he plays cash games or different to the way everyone else plays tournaments ?

I do know that he has pulled off some great results lately and I'm very pleased for him as he is a hell of a nice guy.

Andy.

06-24-2002, 02:23 PM
I ment how he plays tournaments, I was told he plays in a different new way, but did not get any specifics, is he very aggressive, which is how most good players wins tournaments, or is his 'NEW' style different?

thanks /images/smile.gif

06-24-2002, 06:31 PM
In general, Peter is an aggressive player yes, but he is also an excellent reader of his opponents. I honestly don't know how he has been playing in the States lately, perhaps I will ask him when he gets back !

However what it interesting is that in Europe, and particularly the UK, we don't play much (or even any) limit poker - because limit poker is for girls [joke, don't flame me]. So it is possible that Peter can bring an entirely fresh outlook to limit tournaments, and be doing something different because he isn't accustomed to "normal" play. He must be doing something right that's for sure !

Andy.