PDA

View Full Version : Playing against loose aggresive at final table.

06-23-2002, 09:27 AM
Final table four players left in a NLH game. Blinds are 5k-10k. I am third largest stack in chips with T120k. Sitting to my immediate right is the chip leader with over T300k and is playing loose aggresive. Everytime I am in the BB and the other two players fold he puts me all in. This happened 4/5 hands in a row. I mucked 10 9s, 10 Jo, and a A 2o along with total garbage hands. Before you know it I am the small stack. I finally go all in on the button with T30k and AJo and the BB who is at T200k calls with 65o. A 6 hits the river and I am out fourth. Should I have played any of the above drawing hands when I was put all in going h2h with the small blinds? Epecially after he was doing it everytime no one else was in the pot.

06-23-2002, 01:06 PM
I would have played the A2 as you were more than likely ahead.

Kickers are not as important when short handed, particularly when you will play the hand heads up.

Unless he has a PP or A, you are ahead and have a good chance to double up. And since he is playing everything, you are more than likely ahead.

I would only play A, a PP, and maybe a King.

06-23-2002, 09:50 PM
Most likely you shouldn't have played any of those hands, unless you had already put up 20% or more of your stack in the BB, then you might play the A.

However, you should have been raising and either stealing the blinds or getting caught on some of the hands when you weren't the big blind.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)