PDA

View Full Version : Taking Things Too Far/Not Far Enough?

B Dids
12-12-2004, 05:09 AM
Pokerstars 3/6 6 max.

I'm in the BB with 96s, it's folded to the SB (unknown, new to the table) who raises. My cards are suited, I'm feeling saucy, calling is fun, so I call. (basically I'm more interested in thoughts on the post flop play- I know the preflop call is dicey).

Flop comes AQ6 with one of my suit. He bets, I raise, he calls.

Turn is a blank of my suit. He checks, I check. (bet here maybe?)

River is a blank, he bets, I fold. (anybody call on this board vs. an unknown).

Joe826
12-12-2004, 05:12 AM
if you're going to check the turn you need to call the river. i prefer to bet the turn, fold to a check/raise, and take the free showdown if i don't improve.

Alobar
12-12-2004, 05:13 AM
define blank /images/graemlins/smile.gif

looks fine to me

Alobar
12-12-2004, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you're going to check the turn you need to call the river. i prefer to bet the turn, fold to a check/raise, and take the free showdown if i don't improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a turn check raise would be kinda dumb considering he picked up the flush draw. Which is also a good reason to check this turn.

Joe826
12-12-2004, 01:09 PM
wooops. you're right. i like checking the turn, and probably calling the river.

B Dids
12-12-2004, 01:16 PM
blank = didn't complete any obvious draws/improve my hand.

After playing with the guy more, I'm pretty sure that he had a queen here, but that he was going to showdown with it.

Jdanz
12-14-2004, 12:29 PM
i dunno, i disent here, almost no one folds to the raise on the flop, if a bad player is willing to get away from the hand it usually goes bet raise, check bet fold.

It's a semi-bluff so lets do the semi-bluff rag.

turn pot is 4 big bets assuming he's not going to raise you on the turn and that if he calls the turn he'll call the river......

you get 4 bets if he folds, if he calls you gain two bets 20% of the time and lose 1 bet 80% of the time, so if called the turn bet is -.4 ev. To gain that you need him to fold a whopping 10% of the time. You also need him to be loose passive, but that's what you read him on for the queen anyway.

So if this guy is not going to raise you he needs to fold 10% of the time on the turn to make this profitable.

I bet.