PDA

View Full Version : unreliable overcalls...

scrub
12-12-2004, 04:32 AM
Notes for both opponents say "coldcalling moron". Note for the one in earlier position also says "will EP river bluff if you check the turn".

Yet:

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Scrub is UTG with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Scrub 3-bets</font>, MP (poster) calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Scrub bets</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Scrub checks, MP checks, BB checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Scrub checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, BB calls, Scrub folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, between MP and BB.</font>

Good or bad?

scrub

flawless_victory
12-12-2004, 06:31 AM
BAD, BUT NOT TOO BAD. I WOULD DEFINITLEY CALL HERE.

Alobar
12-12-2004, 01:28 PM
If you plan on calling the river, wouldn't a bet be better?

scrub
12-12-2004, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you plan on calling the river, wouldn't a bet be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. See player descriptions.

They will not fold better hands on the river, but one of them will bet worse hands.

scrub

scrub
12-12-2004, 08:42 PM
They both had 8s.

I was at the bottom of a 120 BB downturn when I played this hand, and I think it shows that I get way too tight when I'm running very poorly.

scrub

ScottyP431
12-12-2004, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Notes for both opponents say "coldcalling moron". Note for the one in earlier position also says "will EP river bluff if you check the turn".

Yet:

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Scrub is UTG with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Scrub 3-bets</font>, MP (poster) calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Good or bad?

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand this hand, u are UTG, so u limp re-raised? but then u checked the turn and the blind checked after u?

If they are cold calling morons i think bet turn and river, fold if raised. Losing the lead on this hand is costly. if any of them pipes up and whacks u back i think u can fold with confidence.

zephed56
12-12-2004, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yet:

Good or bad?

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand this hand, u are UTG, so u limp re-raised? but then u checked the turn and the blind checked after u?

If they are cold calling morons i think bet turn and river, fold if raised. Losing the lead on this hand is costly. if any of them pipes up and whacks u back i think u can fold with confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he was not UTG, I'm pretty sure he didn't adjust the position of the button in his hand history. He was either the small or big blind.

scrub
12-13-2004, 02:26 AM
Yeah--my bad about the button.

I was in SB. Button openraised. I 3-bet. BB coldcalled. Button called.

Not that it makes that much of a difference--I still don't understand why I checked the turn or folded the river. It really showed me how poorly I was playing, so I figured I'd post it.

scrub

kiddo
12-13-2004, 03:54 AM
You have to bet this turn because 1) U want them out or pay with worse hand and 2) River will be easier to play (at least against normal opponents, maybe not against a combination of very loose river bluffers).

Checkcall river, u are calling 1 to win 10.