PDA

View Full Version : Play of the week

09-07-2001, 09:26 PM
Washington St -4 over Boise St.

I mentioned that I liked the Cougars this year and I will stick with them here. Solid team that will show a very balanced attack. Their defense was the star though last week against Idaho and this should be an easy team to shut down as well. South Carolina gave Boise little last week and the graduation decimated team won't muster much more here. Broncos had a dream season last year with rare talent level at QB (Hendricks will be an NFL player this year) and it will show for the first 3 or 4 games as they struggle.

Other games I like (yes I play them all and got these exact prices Jim Feist)

USC +3

SMU +12.5

Cal +3.5

SDSU +7

BGreen -22

09-09-2001, 01:13 AM
Disappointing day playing mostly dogs, hope to bounce back in the NFL. My best play is a 3 team 6.5 point teaser.

Cincinnati +7.5

New Orleans +4.5

Washington +9

In each game I am getting more than an FG playing against offenses I think will struggle early on. The Bengals might give up the most points, but with a lousy line and no running game, I don't think Bledsoe is going to beat me by more than 7. The Saints are a good value straight up, I think Buffalo's losses will make them less of a physical team and the Saints can bully them on both sides of the ball. The Charger offense doesn't scare me much, even if they get a win here I doubt this is a blowout without an established running going against a quality D with great pass coverage.

I also like Miami plus the points. I think they might be underrated like last year, its just they lack a solid two deep. As long as they stay healthy they will win more than their share of games. Tennessee is probably the worst team to be trusted with points. Far too often they do just enough to win. When they get up a couple scores their playbook becomes three plays: George Left, George Middle, George Right. If they don't just stay close or win, the Dolphins will have a live backdoor chance.

09-09-2001, 11:13 AM
My picks at prices I got them for:

Dallas +10.5

Eagles +3.5

Bengals +2.0

6 Point Teaser on the following:

Dallas +16.5

Eagles +9.5

Bengals +8.0

Minnesota -4.5

09-10-2001, 02:11 AM
I know the Vikings have a weak defense but I wasn't too high on Weinke but I was wrong about him. I also thought that the Vikings would score a lot of points but I was wrong about that.

Who covered big today?

Green Bay

Carolina

Miami

San Diego

New Orleans

Colts

Jacksonville

09-10-2001, 03:15 AM
If you want to bet teasers, read Stanford Wong's book. He tells when it's proper to tease and when not to. It'll save you and make you some money.

David