PDA

View Full Version : Decided To Buy TPFAP After All [long]

06-18-2002, 08:41 PM
My original plan was to peruse the book whilst on Borders' thoughtfully provided couch, as my initial skim lead me to believe that would be all reqd to glean the useful info.

However, on my second skim it became clear that more study would be necessary, and as I'm up ~$8K for the month and am planning an invasion of the Orleans Open & Legends to see if the rush applies to tourneys as well, I forked over the $31.

I also feel that I'm due for a big tourney score and I want to take a serious shot at the $40-80 EOQ game at the Bike, so might as well hit the O fully armed. The book looks good, esp. the hand quizzes part.

However, IMO there's a key part[at least for me, as you will see] missing, DAVID: I think a detailed report of your survival at the 2001 WSOP LOmahaHi final table would've been a good practical example of some of the book's concepts. Also, an expansion of the System would be nice; blind play, add'l complexities alluded to[Jessica, you have to reraise the steal w/QQ from the button; this "deviation" is entirely different then Stupak's call with the AK @ that final table in the text]. But as I said, I'm gonna try and wear the cover off it in the next month or two.

Here's the thing. I was always one who owned all the books, read all the anecdotes and actual examples, then skimmed the theoretical stuff. I did learn a lot this way[in fact, I learned a TON from Andy Glazer's WSOP reports], but I've decided to do it 'right' this time. I'm also going to go into training; i.e. clean up the diet, exercise, & sleep schedules. Fortunately, I don't have much to do better in those three areas and already know what needs to be done.

I realize that this is mostly longwinded personal stuff that doesn't belong on this forum, but they say you should write down your goals, and I also want to put the onus & pressure on me.

So a friendly, Scottish schemie style warning to all those playing the O's 2nd week & L's first week, esp. the hi/lo events: I'm comin ya c***s. Be prepared n aw but. Be f****** prepared. That'll be right. /images/smile.gif

06-18-2002, 11:23 PM
Bill,

Isn't if funny that you'll think nothin' about putting up $1500 to enter a tourney, but agonize over buying a book for $31.

Good Luck...unless you're at my table, expect some pressure.

Mark