PDA

View Full Version : A7 suited in the BB.

Bob T.
12-12-2004, 01:38 AM
Online 5-10 game.

Folded to LMP who is a tight player, but openraises a lot of hands in LP.

The button coldcalls, because that is the only way he can see the flop, which he does about 85% of the time.

SB folds, and I call in the BB with A7 of clubs.

Flop

T /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check LMP bets ( which could be an autobet, given that he is playing against the big blind and the real loose guy). Button calls (no surprise), and with the bottom end of a one card straight, and a backdoor flush draw, I call.

Turn, 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet, LMP folds, button calls.

River, 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, I bet, because I might be ahead, so it might be a value bet, and because there is some small chance that the button would fold an underpair to the board so it might be a bluff. I'm pretty sure that my opponent would have played any hand that contained a Q, J, 7, or 6 to the river.

James282
12-12-2004, 01:47 AM
I don't think these loosies are folding any pair on the river. But I like it a lot until then. Is he the type you can fold to if he bets? Could he call with K high? At any rate I am almost sure I like a check better. In these situations I find the fish will check a lot of hands(like a 9 or an underpair to the board) because they don't want to get check-raised, but bluff with total crap that they would not have called with.
-James

Bob T.
12-12-2004, 01:57 AM
At any rate I am almost sure I like a check better. In these situations I find the fish will check a lot of hands(like a 9 or an underpair to the board) because they don't want to get check-raised, but bluff with total crap that they would not have called with.

Bing! Exactly right. This player would bet the river if he had cards, and his computer was still working, but he probably wasn't going to lay down any value to my river bet. After I played the hand, and he folded, I thought that I probably just let one big bet escape.