PDA

View Full Version : fold the reraise?

06-16-2002, 08:35 PM
In tournament 100 players, 2 tables left I am chip leader at my table w/ 10K, blinds 400-800...I raise ug with AJ (unsuited Ace hearts), seat #2 bad very loose passive calls, #5 player unknown but appears tight reraises...BB a loose aggressive player calls and I call...flop A K (Heart) Q (Heart)..BB bets, me and # 2 call and #5 reraises, BB reraises and I fold and #2 calls..turn is X Heart, BB bets and #2 and 5 go all in, river is Jack of hearts. #2 has a 10 9, # 5 KK and BB has J 10 so #2 and #5 divide pot. In hindsight #2 and BB made horrible plays and I am not far behind. 1) I should not call reraise as I would put her on AA or KK or QQ or AK, AQ which would make me a big dog 2) I must fold the BB post flop bet based on fact I am probable facing Ak or AQ or two pair. BB told me he called initial bets because he figured all the high cards were out with three callers. I think this is silly logic as he is probably facing a high pair...are my evaluations (ie fold the reraise) correct?

06-17-2002, 01:44 AM
> I am not far behind.

In fact you were almost break even preflop (23.75%). On the flop you were a 9:1 dog.

> are my evaluations (ie fold the reraise) correct?

If the table was full, you probably shouln't have played you AJo UTG in the first place as there was obviously no hope to take down the pot or at least get it heads-up.

Once you got reraised, saw that flop and the BB betting out after calling two cold, you are done with the hand. There's no way that you're ahead and you have only 3 clean outs (Ts,Tc and Td) which might only be good for half the pot. Muck and save yourself a bet.

Preflop, however, I think you have to call the reraise. After all, you're getting 11.5:1 (assuming #2 calls) and excellent implied odds when you flop big (twopair or better).

cu

Ignatius