PDA

View Full Version : What hourly wage do you think Party support reps get?

gabyyyyy
12-11-2004, 11:24 PM
My guess would be somewhere around $2.50 USD/hr

This poll is concerning the average customer service rep. Not a manager.

gabyyyyy
12-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Interesting article on the subject.
http://www.nydailynews.com/business/story/52894p-49576c.html

Quote: Numbers suggest that lower costs are taking call center jobs to India. While operators in the U.S. can make over $30,000 a year, their Indian counterparts might earn $4,000 to $7,000 for a management-level post.

Compared to the average India wage of $450 a year, many young Indians see a call center as the first step in a technology-related career

mcozzy1
12-12-2004, 12:27 AM
Yeah. It's unfortunate. I used to work in a call center. It's cheaper to have them over in India, but the quality in most places falls through the floor. They all speak with heavy accents and have fake American names. It's a bad combination when incompetency meets a language barrier.

gabyyyyy
12-12-2004, 12:28 AM
A part time mcdonalds employee makes more than a customer service supervisor in india. No wonder they are so stingy with the bonuses. A 100 max bonus is like 3 months pay.

Pretty funny.

John Deere
12-12-2004, 01:58 AM
I can't believe how many of you think that these people make above the minimum wage in the United States!

Sephus
12-12-2004, 02:08 AM
i assume you mean nominal wages. their real wages when adjusted for the relative prices of goods in india will be much higher. (their "dollars" go farther)

without knowing the prices of goods in india the poll is pretty meaningless.

Sponger15SB
12-12-2004, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i assume you mean nominal wages. their real wages when adjusted for the relative prices of goods in india will be much higher. (their "dollars" go farther)

[/ QUOTE ]

billion cajillion dollars says that this will not matter to gabs.

Peter Harris
12-12-2004, 08:10 AM
you mean a billion cajillion rupees. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd say around $3 a day would cover the maximum end, but that's global economics for you.

Regards,
Pete Harris

Equal
12-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Calling Tech Support in India (http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html)

Warning sounds and profanity but extremely hilarious!

jokerthief
12-13-2004, 12:09 AM
It's almost too close to reality to be funny.

PokerGoblin
12-13-2004, 01:05 AM
another racist post? C'mon grow up already. You know the site is offshore, what do you expect to get when you call support?

I have had nothing but good prompt responses from their support staff online, albeit slightly broken English is a bit tedious, it's nothing I can't live with.

How bout a little tolerance.

PG

ricochet420
12-13-2004, 02:17 AM
F that! That shite is funny!!!

[ QUOTE ]
another racist post? C'mon grow up already. You know the site is offshore, what do you expect to get when you call support?

I have had nothing but good prompt responses from their support staff online, albeit slightly broken English is a bit tedious, it's nothing I can't live with.

How bout a little tolerance.

PG

[/ QUOTE ]