PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weis to Notre Dame

Joe Tall
12-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Fck me, the Dynasty first sign of crumbling.

ESPN article. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1943710)

Usul
12-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Two superbowls in three years is not a dynasty.

Brilliant!!!
12-11-2004, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!!! Maybe not in the C.F.L.

scott1
12-11-2004, 11:51 PM
It'll be a bigger hit when the Browns take Pioli after the season ends.

Joe Tall
12-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Two superbowls in three years is not a dynasty

Feb 6th, my friend, Feb 6th.

Go Pats!
Joe Tall

Usul
12-12-2004, 12:00 AM
What kind of odds will you give me that the Pats won't be there?

stationcalling
12-12-2004, 04:28 PM
joe --

i'm a nd grad...

i'm curious, as a pats fan, how do you think weis will do as a head coach in college

--s

IggyWH
12-12-2004, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What kind of odds will you give me that the Pats won't be there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though I'm a Steelers fan, I wouldn't bet against New England. New England should have home field advantage (I figure Steelers will drop a meaningless game and New England will win out) and with the Steelers then having to beat Indy and New England in consecutive weeks, that will be quite tough.

If the Steelers do that though, the Super Bowl will be a cakewalk. NFC is a joke and we've already raped Philly.

JoeU
12-12-2004, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to start this by saying that I absolutely hate the Patriots.

But Usul, what is your definition of a dynasty? I believe the Pats are definitely a dynasty. At this point, they are also the team of the decade. Will they stay that way?, who knows. The Cowboys of the 90's are considered a dynasty and the team of the decade. They won 3 of 4, and were horribe at the very beginning and end of the decade.

With the way the NFL is today, 2 of 3, the streak, and 12-1 has to be considered a dynasty, even if they don't win the superbowl this year.

Joe

ThaSaltCracka
12-12-2004, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]LMAO I thought Daryn said this. Um, sure, whats your definition of a dynasty in football then? Because your statement is pretty absurd.

sublime
12-12-2004, 07:40 PM

in this era if two superbowls in three years and staring the 4th 12-1 is not considered a "dynasty", i dont know what is.

again, the key phrase is "this era".

ThaSaltCracka
12-12-2004, 07:41 PM
I think most of us can agree that Usuls statement was completely absurd.

Joe Tall
12-12-2004, 07:42 PM
i'm curious, as a pats fan, how do you think weis will do as a head coach in college

I have no clue about college football but after watching him for the last 4 years, every play, damn he's good. He seems to always have leg up on the defense and gets the big plays done. Just look at those game winning Super Bowl Drives , they are pure art, pure genius.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Toro
12-12-2004, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
joe --

i'm a nd grad...

--s

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll do well with the coaching. He's a Parcells clone. The question is whether he can recruit.

ThaSaltCracka
12-12-2004, 07:44 PM
maybe I am naive, but I would think a head coach that has a lot of NFL experience would be able to attract a lot of recruits.

PhatTBoll
12-12-2004, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe I am naive, but I would think a head coach that has a lot of NFL experience would be able to attract a lot of recruits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just experience, but super bowl winning experience. Apparently Weis is going after an assistant from Virginia's staff who has been their lead recruiter. They have consistently had top 10 recruiting classes since the guy has been there.

It's funny to read the Notre Dame message boards right now. You'd think Jesus had signed a contract to coach the team.

sublime
12-12-2004, 08:16 PM

also somebody who really loves the university he is trying to sell.

stationcalling
12-12-2004, 11:50 PM
omg dont even get me started....in college it was ridiculous (i was there in the mirer/bettis years)

there were so many nd students and fans who thought that nd never have, and never will commit an ncaa recruiting infraction

they didnt seem to notice that 3/4 of the football team drove gmc jimmy's

--s

lil'
12-13-2004, 12:33 AM
They'll be fine. I think the team has proved they can cover for a missing person or two. Troy Brown is playing corner for heaven's sake, and has like 3 picks already.

O ye of little faith!!!

Toro
12-13-2004, 02:35 PM
I just heard Weiss's press conference on the radio. Holy shiit, can he talk. What a great press conference. Since he coached under both Parcells and Bellicheck who both have a strict gag order on their assistants, I never heard the guy utter one word before.

Now, I'm really sad we're losing him.