PDA

View Full Version : 84o in the big blind: thoughts?

cnfuzzd
12-11-2004, 10:49 PM
UTG is unknown
MP is a sLA-A

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB

peace

john nickle

spamuell
12-11-2004, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP is a sLA-A

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't enough. Some sLA-As are extremely good post-flop and just slightly too loose pre-flop (or maybe even not). Others suck.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because why on earth are you not folding the flop?

EDIT: Missed that you have a double gutter with the 8, I am tired right now. I like the play, including the turn bet and the river call against an xA-A.

private joker
I like the flop since you're double gutted, and it's ragged enough not to have really hit anyone. Calling the raise is fine because now you're getting 10:1 to see the turn.

I would check-call the turn (which might be crappy advice, but I wouldn't want to get raised and have to pay 2BB to see a river -- UTG+1 and MP1 could be either on a flush draw or have 99 or an 8 with a better kicker (89 might have called that flop).

Since you didn't improve on the river, I don't know if you're good 1 in 12. Probably are. But your check after the turn bet shows serious weakness and you have no way of knowing if the river bet from MP1 is a value bet or if he's bluffing with overcards. With 3 to the river, I'd have to say you're no good.

Freakin
The flop call is alright with 6 clean outs. I'm a little confused about what MP1 would be holding that he would raise the turn with. I don't know if I would have bet out, since you only have 2 clean outs at that point to a decent straight, and you don't want to see a 4 come up. I would even consider a check/fold on the turn.

Freakin

ErrantNight
12-11-2004, 11:10 PM
i'm in the "don't mind the flop call" group... there's a chance UTG+1 raises you and MP1 folds... but that's a worse possible scenario, it was close to that, but you made up for it with calls all around.

i don't like the turn bet. you've picked up 2 more outs (the 8's) and most of your 7 and 3 outs are probably still good... but you don't want to get raised here... is there any reason to suspect UTG+1 won't follow up their flop aggression? getting this checked through would be bad, but not horrendous, i think.

is your equity high enough to bet this for value? seems awfully thin.