PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Nuts Difficulties

gaming_mouse
12-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Playing a shorthanded 3/6 game on pacific. No reads on villain, as he just sat down.

I have J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif on the Button. 4 see the flop:

K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

3 checks to me, I bet, 2 callers.

Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif

2 checks to me, I bet, only Villain calls.

3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bets. Do I raise or just call?

gm

EDIT: Had the turn card wrong first time

bisonbison
12-11-2004, 10:04 PM
It's important whether the turn action went:

bet, fold, call or bet, call, fold. Where is the villain relative to you?

Not knowing, I would raise.

gaming_mouse
12-11-2004, 10:06 PM
bison,

i see your point. villain was utg. does that change your raise to a call?

gm

bisonbison
12-11-2004, 10:07 PM
YOU NEED TO TELL ME WHERE HE WAS RELATIVE TO THE OTHER CALLER.

gaming_mouse
12-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Sorry, when I said UTG I meant that he was acting first on all the post-flop rounds, not that he was actually in the seat UTG. My bad.

gm

bisonbison
12-11-2004, 10:26 PM
So that means that the other caller acted after you bet and the villain called?

Cause that makes it slightly more likely that he was calling to get more money in the pot.

I still raise.

ErrantNight
12-11-2004, 10:28 PM
n/m

i finally figured it out...

raise.

gaming_mouse
12-11-2004, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I still raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's correct. In the actual hand, I raised as well, thinking that he might have been betting with the 3rd nuts, or perhaps as a bluff.

He re-raised, and I called -- was the call a mistake? I really wasn't sure, but I figured given the pot odds it was okay. I didn't like it, tho.

gm

what
12-11-2004, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I still raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's correct. In the actual hand, I raised as well, thinking that he might have been betting with the 3rd nuts, or perhaps as a bluff.

He re-raised, and I called -- was the call a mistake? I really wasn't sure, but I figured given the pot odds it was okay. I didn't like it, tho.

gm

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to call here. The pot is big and there is precisely one card he could have that would beat you. I can't imagine him raising with the 10h, but folding the winner would be a disaster

gaming_mouse
12-12-2004, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to call here. The pot is big and there is precisely one card he could have that would beat you. I can't imagine him raising with the 10h, but folding the winner would be a disaster

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and that is a good argument for calling instead of raising -- and the reason I made the post.

When you are behind and raise, you lose an extra 2 BB. When you are ahead and raise, you win (maybe) an extra 1 BB.

gm