PDA

View Full Version : JJamming

MoDOH
12-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Only read is that BB is overaggressive postflop...
But can that be said of our Hero also?

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (16 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (22 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 27 BB

Evan
12-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Were you hoping to get it HU on the turn and take a free showdown? This seems like an awfully aggressive turn raise after the capped flop doesn't seem to bother him. I don't see any way this isn't a set or random 2 pair.

Nice river. Did you concentrate really hard for that one?

ErrantNight
12-11-2004, 09:48 PM
i think your flop cap is pretty awful.

i'm not as against your turn raise. the flop cap is chip spewing, it doesn't help define your hand against the BB, and he doesn't respect your hand yet, it seems clear that button and sb are drawing, and with UTG+1, yourself, and all the rest of that loot on board it seems highly doubtful you're getting anyone out.

on the turn, a raise makes a stronger statement to the BB, and faced with perhaps being 3-bet (and possibly capped) and already facing 2 cold, you face the button (and perhaps SB) with a much tougher draw.

now i don't suggest that you make raises to make statements... merely that if BB is overplaying his hand/draw there's a good chance you're ahead on the turn.

what do you do if you're 3-bet, however?

me454555
12-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Flop cap is routine. All the others make it +EV and theres a good chance the other guy is pushing a flush draw or strait flush draw. If he is pushing a draw, there is a good chance he may not lead the turn.

ErrantNight
12-11-2004, 10:12 PM
revisiting... yeah... it's certainly not awful...