PDA

View Full Version : Problems getting Crytologic poker site to work

Greg J
12-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Everytime I try to open the client for Interpoker or Pokerplex, the computer locks up while trying to establish a connection. I contacted support about his, and they said that the problem might lie in my XP firewall. Bit of a catch 22: I don't want to turn off my firewall since I play internet poker! Plus, others have told me thier XP firewall does not prevent them from playing Cryto sites, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Someone pmed me and recommended a program called ccleaner, which I used and while it probably cleared up a lot of useless junk off of my computer, did not help me with this partular problem (but thanks anyway 1111).

Did anyone else have this problem, and it so how did you fix it? Or does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on? Any comments are appreciated.

Greg J
12-11-2004, 10:08 PM
h

chrisdhal
12-11-2004, 10:17 PM
You could try disabling it for one time to try it out just to see. That way you could at least say that you tried that.

I play at the Cryptos all time and have used both ZoneAlarm and Windows firewall with no problems. I can only play two tables though, three just kills my laptop. Sorry that doesn't help more.

Greg J
12-11-2004, 10:42 PM
I should have pointed out also that I disabled the firewall and it did not help.

Greg J
12-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Sorry, not trying to troll. I just thought I would mention how I fixed this problem for the next retard that asks. I broke down and called Interpoker customer servise again -- the last person I talked to was HORRENDUS, but I talked to a really nice British girl. She was at a loss, until she mentioned at last, "maybe it's your anti-virus software." I have Semantec anti-virum software, which is supposed to be pretty intense stuff. So I dissabled that and it works like a charm now! YEAH! I turned it right back on immediately and still works great.

12-12-2004, 06:00 AM
Glad you got it to work. I also called a few months back and spoke with a nice british woman who even sent me a detailed email with suggestions, but none of them worked. BTW, ccleaner is one hell of a freeware program.

CountDuckula
02-01-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, not trying to troll. I just thought I would mention how I fixed this problem for the next retard that asks. I broke down and called Interpoker customer servise again -- the last person I talked to was HORRENDUS, but I talked to a really nice British girl. She was at a loss, until she mentioned at last, "maybe it's your anti-virus software." I have Semantec anti-virum software, which is supposed to be pretty intense stuff. So I dissabled that and it works like a charm now! YEAH! I turned it right back on immediately and still works great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to dredge up old news, but I was searching for the same problem I've been having with Interpoker, and ran across this. Does this mean that you turned off Symantec Anti-Virus, launched Interpoker, then turned it back on again? Do you have to do this each time you launch Interpoker?

Thanks,
Mike