PDA

View Full Version : QJo - Big pot with a Q high flop

Elektrik
12-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Just sat down, no reads. Hand didn't feel right at all. Would a better line be to just call down?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

ErrantNight
12-11-2004, 07:27 PM
i think i'd call this down. you don't know if BB is a lag, whether BB is the kinda guy who will 3-bet with top pair and a backdoor flush draw, he might have something like Q3 in which case you have 9 outs, he might have 7-3 (ok, i'm really stretching now) and you've got approximately a bajillion outs, he might simply have a worse Q and is trying to push you off...

or he might have a better made hand that has you drawing really thin. but i'd pay another one on the turn. you might be ahead, you might improve, and you (slim chance) might be able to see the showdown for only one more (although it doesn't look like bb is slowing down, here).