PDA

View Full Version : bad play good result ?

06-14-2002, 09:14 PM
PL He tourney level blinds at 200. I'm in the SB (i.e. 1st blind to act)it is fairly early in the tourney. Action is folded to me I have 5h4h I check BB bets 400. The BB is a fairly solid player and has 1200 left after the raise.

Generally the BB is a solid player but she has taken 1 or 2 bad beats and is running low on chips and patience. I call.

Flop 763 rainbow. I check she bets the pot I raise her all in.

Player not involved comments "bad play good result"

Although I respect the player concerned, I would welcome some other opinions.

thanks

Ross

06-14-2002, 10:35 PM
I would think it depends on how many chips you have. If you have a similar stack or slightly larger then I would think 54s is best in the muck.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com

06-15-2002, 05:08 AM
Ken

About 5500, which was very much part of my thinking. I know I am almost certainly behind, but given the relative chip positions I cannot be pushed off a drawing hand, but if I miss the flop I can let it go. If I hit given the size of the pot I will probably get paid off (assuming the BB has some sort of hand and is not on a complete steal)

The other consideration was there were one or two aggressive players at the table and I felt folding looked weak.

thanks

Ross

06-15-2002, 09:24 PM
I think the other player is probably correct. 400 is too much to pay with that hand when you can only win 1200 more postflop.

Plus, what the heck do you do when the flop comes 59Q?

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)