16. North Texas

9. Boisie State
8. Virginia Tech

5. Califirnia
12. Iowa

13. Michigan
4. Texas

3. Auburn
14. Pittsburgh (Note: I think this spot should go to Syracuse, but the Big East went with Pitt.)

11. LSU
6. Utah

7. Georgia
10. Louisville

15. Toledo
2. Oklahoma

Clarkmeister
12-11-2004, 05:44 PM
It boggles my mind how huge that would be and how much more money it would make. Idiotic Presidents.

young nut
12-12-2004, 07:45 AM
I agree. I hate the BCS system we have now, royally! NCAA definitely needs to use a playoff system at the end of the year. Although I think a 16 team playoff might drag on a little too long. If they just took the top 8 teams, we could have everything clearly settled in just 3 weeks! And the schools that lasted all 3 weeks get money from each and every game, unlike the measly single bowl game teams play now.

offTopic
12-12-2004, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It boggles my mind how huge that would be and how much more money it would make. Idiotic Presidents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sh[/b]it man, you'd be dragging all those football players out of their finals!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IggyWH
12-12-2004, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday I was flipping every once in a while to the Sam Houston St vs Montana football game. I looked up the attendance and it was 24,000 which was a full stadium. The game was in Montana yet there were a ton of Sam Houston fans there, which is a Texas school.

The main beef with a playoff is attendance would be bad with people having to travel week after week. If a semi-finals game in Montana can draw a bunch of fans from a Texas school then I'm sure it would work for Div 1. Cut the regular season down a game... we don't need teams playing 12 games a year. Make it a 12 team playoff starting on Dec 4th. Second round will be Dec 10th. Semi's will be Dec 17th and then the championship game on new years day or in the middle of that week like they do. I'm not a brain surgeon, but that wasn't too hard to figure out...

ArchAngel71857
12-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Make it a 12 team playoff starting on Dec 4th.

How does that playoff bracket work? It needs to be 8 or 16.

-AA

IggyWH
12-12-2004, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I wasn't a brain surgeon... I was still on the 12 games a season kick and typed in the wrong #. I meant to type 16.

ArchAngel71857
12-12-2004, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I wasn't a brain surgeon... I was still on the 12 games a season kick and typed in the wrong #. I meant to type 16.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah.
-AA

Non_Comformist
12-12-2004, 09:37 PM
No reason for 16 teams, make it the top 8 and it would be great.

eggzz
12-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Actually top 4 would be the most likely scenario. You need to figure out a way to keep the BCS bowl people happy. They can't lose their BIG games. This scenario also keeps the other bowl games in place similar to how they are now.

What you do is assign the championship game to one bowl and rotate it every four years. Sugar gets it year one, and Fiesta and Orange host the first round. Rose Bowl gets next two choices out of top 8.

Then next year, Fiesta gets it, while Rose and Orange host the first round. Sugar then gets its choice of the next two teams it wants out of the top 8.

Each year, one of the BCS bowls is out of the picture so to speak, but there really is no other way to have four bowl games entertain a playoffs.

This would work. You don't need a long drawn out playoff schedule, the season, and season championship games are grueling enough. You just need all the undefeateds, and have room for a California. This season would be perfect. Texas and Cal though, would fight out for the number four seed, but you have to have a way to make sure that whoever loses is guaranteed to go to the other BCS game, not like how Cal got totally screwed this year.

Clarkmeister
12-12-2004, 10:00 PM
You could give byes to the top 4 seeds in a 12 team format.

jstnrgrs
12-13-2004, 02:02 AM
NO doubt that 8 teams would be better than what we have, but my only problem with 8 teams is that teams like Boise State (who play in a minor confrence yet go undefeated) would likely be left out. If a team goes undefeated, then it has done all it can, so it's not really fair to leave them out of the national championship picture. Also, with 16 teams, you can include all confrence champions, plus any top teams that did not win their confrence. With 8 teams, it will always be a question which confrence champions to include. It should also be noted that divisions 1AA, 2, and 3 all have a 16 team bracket, yet they seam to manage (and with players who are much more likely to need to do well on their finals also.)

With all that, said, here is what an 8 team bracket would look like if I designed it.

1. USC
8. Michigan

5. Utah
4. Texas

3. Auburn
6. Virginia Tech

7. Boise State
2. Oklahoma

If the playoff were 4 teams, I would do

1. USC
4. Utah

3. Auburn
2. Oklahoma

Whith 2 teams

1. USC
2. Oklahoma

Which is what we have, so the BCS did get something right. (Under the old system, none of the top teams would have played eash other.)

ArchAngel71857
12-13-2004, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You could give byes to the top 4 seeds in a 12 team format.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but the bye week would be such a huge advantage, people would be posting on here to make it 16 teams.

Plus the college presidents would never go for it, since they would want more games to make more money so they can sleep on piles of money, or so I am told by PTI.

-AA

jdl22
12-13-2004, 03:47 AM
They should play the tournament in December and January finally wrapping up either one day or one week before the Super Bowl. That would be one amazing weekend, college national title game on Saturday and of course Super Bowl Sunday.

James Boston
12-13-2004, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Although I think a 16 team playoff might drag on a little too long

[/ QUOTE ]

College football can NEVER drag on too long.