PDA

View Full Version : Slow down?

Prevaricator
12-11-2004, 03:09 PM
The 9 on the turn seems like somewhat of a scare card, but in this spot, most turn cards are. I probably pushed this on myself by raising pf (fold pf is better). . . Do I check the turn and prepare to chuck on the river?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP (poster) folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 9h Tc (two pair, nines and sixes).
Hero has 5c 5h (two pair, sixes and fives).
Outcome: UTG wins 5.50 BB. </font>

larrondo
12-11-2004, 03:47 PM
It looks good to me. You isolated your opponent with a small pair, the flop looks safe so you keep pushing, the turn card isn't that scary (an early position limper might have a 9, but there's no particular reason to think so) and you avoided a possible check-raise on the river when the real scare card came.

I don't know what kind of game you were in. If you raised pre-flop with this and got two callers, it would be bad.

Alobar
12-11-2004, 03:53 PM
I raise in this spot PF

the hand looks fine to me. I think betting the turn is the best play

Huskiez
12-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Keep in mind that on the Hand History, it lists Hero as CO, but in reality he is UTG. There is a slight error in the converter. I would muck this preflop.

Given that you raised it, I like the way you played the rest of the hand.