PDA

View Full Version : Full Tilt player.

Mike Haven
12-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Does anyone else see anything wrong or seriously worrying in this post at WPTFan.com?

"Authored by: stlcards3 on Friday, December 10 2004 11:58PM
... If anyone wants to come root me on please do! ...
sorry forgot to tell ya, my buddy owed me so he let me play on his name bc his transfer wasnt working and is letting me keep the profits...name is mkdome"

B1GF1SHY
12-11-2004, 03:00 PM
No

GoSox
12-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Yes, I see a number of things wrong with that post. Run on sentence, spelling, punctuation, hanging preposition, etc... You have done a real service to this board in bringing it to our attention.

Mike Haven
12-11-2004, 03:39 PM
No

Thanks. Support didn't seem to be concerned, either, so I guess I must be wrong.

Having read so many collusion posts and chip-dumping posts I think I now see things that aren't there. When I read that these two players were close enough friends to share their accounts at such a small site as FTP I started wondering if they played on the same tables together as well, and if the other regular players at their tables know their relationship.

Then I thought about all the fuss about chip-dumping the other day. In effect, this was a chip-dump in loose terms. And how will the one guy give the other guy his winnings if he couldn't give him his owesies?

I'll have to stop being so suspicious about everything.

Mike Haven
12-11-2004, 03:41 PM
lol!

you too, GoSox! useful post

Rednax
12-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Yes.

I won't be playing at a site that doesn't regard this as worthy of immediate investigation resulting in at the least a warning never to do it again without advance permssion from support staff, and a warning that the play of the two will be monitored regularly for collusion.

Izaak_Walton
12-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Would genuine badguys be so public about it?

Rednax
12-12-2004, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would genuine badguys be so public about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Maybe not, but then again an awful lot of new players are amazingly stupid and obvious. But even if they are innocent, I think a warning and explanation needs to be issued any and every time there is even the faintest hint of collusion or more than one player per hand. I think a lot of newcomers just don't see why that is so bad, and I think online poker could collapse overnight if a couple of small collusion stories broke, and then if there was a major story about a boiler room operation of professionals using advanced techniques to rob the unsuspecting individual player - my God, wives everywhere would demand husbands stop playing, and the bottom would fall out.

Rednax
12-12-2004, 01:37 PM
And a thank you to Mike for bringing this out!

GrannyMae
12-12-2004, 01:46 PM
i think you raise a good question that has not really been discussed here much during the years.

with a couple of exceptions, at most sites my spouse does not have an account and just plays with mine. when this happens, the limits played are low so i have not bothered with the trouble of setting up a second account. i'm not even sure if the sites have a specific policy on this, but i still think it is an interesting topic.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/k/dontknow.gif

Mike Haven
12-12-2004, 07:41 PM
... my spouse ... just plays with mine ...

i think this is too much information