PDA

View Full Version : Right to follow the $10+1 strategy with this many callers?

mart_ph
12-11-2004, 01:49 PM
This wasn't a $10 but a $5 on Party.

Ten handed. One limper to me in MP. I raise to T45 (3BB) with KK.
Two folds then a reraise to T75. One cold caller of the reraise, and then the limper calls the raise. Everyone else folds.

So, with 3 players other than me in the pot - and each of them calling the reraise, what do I do? The $10+1 strategy says to go all-in if reraised...but what's everyone views on this when it's not a heads up situation?

Anyway, I went all-in and was called by all three players(!)... a KK (the original reraiser), a QQ and 55 (limper).
And the board showed... 8JQ22. So the pocket Queens won it. I'd love to know the chances of two players both having KK and another having QQ!?

I'm not posting this as a bad beat moan... I would just like everyones opinions on the situation. For what it's worth I think I played it correctly. The reraise before the flop didn't suggest AA. I think it would have been slowplayed with a flat call or pushed. The one hand I was really worried about was AK.

NOTE: Sorry for writing out the hand, but the hand converter didn't seem to like this hand for some reason (nor did I!).

NOTE 2 : sorry - forgot to say I had KK originally!

pshreck
12-11-2004, 01:52 PM
I have no idea what hand you held. I figured AA, but I guess not, because you said you were really afraid of AK. Did you have KQ? Not sure what is going on in your post.

mart_ph
12-11-2004, 01:54 PM
sorry - I've edited the original post now!

Strollen
12-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Getting all your money into the pot with KKs is always the right move.
As it was you and the other KK had 30% winning the pots (obviously most of those would be split) the QQ% and 55
20% each.

If the other KK was an AK instead you were 42% chance of winning the pot, if the other KK was an AQ-A10 also likely callers your winning percentage approaches 50%. A coin flip to quadriple your money is great. Even if the KK was AA you still had an 18% chance of winning.

spentrent
12-11-2004, 06:53 PM
KK versus 3 players is worth a mint over time. You know that!