PDA

View Full Version : preflop bets at Poker Room

syka16
12-11-2004, 12:03 PM
I play 22s at Poker Room which gives 1,500 to start. In the early stages (I or II), is it better to bet at least 150 in LP with AA & KK when several limpers already in. The standard for good PKR players is 100 but I think that's asking for trouble. I prefer to narrow the field to no more than 3 to prevent from busting out early when a fish hits a ragged 2 pair. Most of the time, I get 1 caller and no action on the flop. But occasionaly I get lucky when a face card turns up on the flop. But the reason I advocate betting more is I never get an insane 6 handed crap shoot. Then, I don't feel comfortable continuing unless I flop a set.

Should the fact that PKR gives more chips to start require a larger preflop bet? Hardly any limper will fold to 80 more and by raising only 100 I feel I'm not punishing people for hitting the flop big.

Let me know what you think. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dave

ilya
12-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Raising more is probably a good idea if raising to 100 typically gets no folds from 3-4+ limpers. But - are you sure you're not exxagerating because you've taken a few nasty beats after raising to 100?

Phill S
12-11-2004, 01:12 PM
best to bet more and win nothing than bet less and lose lots is my motto.

i think 125 was my standard early game bet on PR.

with more chips on the table they become worth 'less'. dont worry bout pushing a fair stack in, cos youll often get called in one spot anyway.

and if not, move one, most of the chip movement happens end game, not during the early stages.

Phill