PDA

View Full Version : My Empire deposit goes Awol--cold sweat ensues

Zetack
12-11-2004, 10:28 AM
I've seen plenty of posts about cash out problems but not about deposit problems so I thought I'd share this.

Cross-posted in the Zoo.

Wed afternoon I attempted to make a deposit to Empire Poker through neteller. I was depositing 1154.00 dollars which was 600 dollars I'd earlier moved from empire to party to take advantage of the november bonus at party and 554 dollars which was what I made (including the bonus) clearing the bonus. I like to have my bankroll more or less consolidated and I have a nice deal at Empire so that's where I usually play.

I filled in all my info and clicked the continue button and...nothing happened. I waited....about two minutes later I got an error message appeared which I didn't write down but it was something along the lines of, transaction timed out. Hmmmm.

So I tried again. This time I got a message saying transaction declined for insuficient funds. Hmmmm.

I checked my Empire account...no 1154 dollars.

I checked My neteller account...1154 dollars debited to pay-pro followed one minute later by a 1154 dollar tranfer which was declined (insuficient funds). Ahh...looks like that first transfer went through after all.

I check my Empire account again. Still no 1154 dollars. Ut oh...

I'm a SS player for me this is quite significant money.

5 hours later still no money--I check the deposit page at Empire--Neteller deposits will be available within 10-20 seconds it says. Ut oh.

So I email Empire poker. This is where I start to get a really bad feeling. I've never gotten a response from an email to either party or empire. I've only had occaision to email them maybe 7 times total, but still, no responses ever.

10 hours later no response from empire (surprise surprise) I visit neteller and find a page that says if a transaction is made from neteller to a merchant and the money isn't at the merchant contact neteller (if its from a merchant to neteller and the money isn't at neteller they say to contact the merchant). So I email Neteller.

24 hours after my attempted deposit no response from Empire or Neteller. I call Neteller. They confirm my transfer and give me a transaction number and tell me to give that number to the merchant. I now voice my big concern--what If they won't return my emails? Get back to us if they haven't responded in a reasonable amount of time, they say, we have a vendor relations person who will talk to them.

Well that's---mildly reasuring. Still, I'm not convinced I'm going to see my 1154 dollars ever again.

I email empire for the second time, this time with the transaction number from neteller.

About six hour later, no response, I notice in one of my cash out emails from pay pro that they have an email address for problem resolutions. I email them and include the transaction number.

More time passes. About 46 hours after my attempted deposit: Score: 2 Emails to Empire poker, One to pay-pro, one to Neteller. Grand total of responses--Zero. Status of 1154 dollars? Missing...

Finally I pick up the phone and call pay-pro. 3 minutes later I'm told your money will be in your account within five minutes. Five minutes later-- hey my money is in my account! 20 minutes later I have to stop playing poker to have an argument with my girlfriend about playing poker, leaving me $15.50 down for my session.

Moral of the story?---Don't have arguments with your girlfriend about playing poker until you are done playing poker.

Um...no, Ok--maybe its: make a damn phone call rather than sweat about missing money. And email support sucks ass. Seriously, I'm beginning to think anybody who says they've gotten an email from party is just a damn liar.

Subsidiary lesson---maybe I should just withdraw all my money and spend it, I'd hate to have it disapear at the click of a button into non-customer-support land...

--Zetack

Alexthegreat
12-11-2004, 10:35 AM
that was a good story......not joking either!

Louie Landale
12-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Found this out in the Corporate world: Emails and Voice mails basically empower the reciever to ignore you, since once you send it you are committing yourself not to contact them for a while.

- Louie