PDA

View Full Version : paradise all-ins -- anyone experiece same thing

06-10-2002, 10:59 AM
The last two $10 tourneys at Paradise had three time-out all-ins at critical points in the game with very suspicious hands. Based on PP's response, they won't find me playing tourneys any more.

Last tournament, a player "strictly" has an open-ended straight draw, at 100-200 level. Turn, he goes all in and takes down the pot with the river that completes the str8. Customer support says it looks supcicious but they attribute it to Internet probelms.

Previes tournament. Same thing, 100-200 level. Open-ended str8t draw that doesn't hit. The all-in comes at the turn. Then 200-400 level someone with middling pair goes all-in. I can't remember the names, and PP says they can't look up the history. Yeah, right.

My experience on the full ring game, over 50,000 hands on 1/2 and I see maybe one time-out all-in in 2,000 hands. And it doesn't happen on the turn with an obvious draw.

I can't see this as anything that it is. Obvious cheating. Does anyone else experience the same thing? Have you stopped playing tournaments on PP.

thx.

06-10-2002, 11:25 AM
I've experienced the same thing many times at the $10 levels on PP. It's kind of obvious what's going on because they always act immediately on the next hand dealt.

I've happily moved my BR to PokerStars for their tournaments. Although the tournaments are a little bit tougher because the fields are larger, when you do place it's a much better payout.

06-10-2002, 01:52 PM
Yes I experienced the same thing 2 weeks ago in both $20 and a $30 tourney's. Both times I have rockets and have my opponent covered by at least 1.5 times. I bet enough (once OTF and the other OTT) to put them all-in. In both cases they timed out and conveniently caught what they needed OTR. One caught a str8 (naked str8 draw only) and the other caught trips to what was bottom pair OTF. After each hand they received cards like nothing had happened.

I emailed support and asked them why they let someone go allin in a tournament when they specifically advise b4 sitting in tournaments that "all hands not acted on in time will be folded"! They never, I repeat NEVER replied.

I didn't post anything here because it seems when anyone ever complains about Paradise it turns into a bash session on the complainer.

That is the only time I have questioned PP integrity and because they didn't reply, I haven't been back.

KC50

06-10-2002, 01:59 PM
I havn't been on Paradise for a while. I do play the Ultimate 1 table satelites and havn't noticed the same thing.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@Hotmail.com

06-10-2002, 02:23 PM
Man, that's some cheap sauce!

I guess best thing you can do is keep a log of who does it and how often, and present that to Paradise and/or Ultimate. If they don't respond, let us know here, and the word will get around. If they wanna keep business coming back, they have to remedy this!

Until I hear better things, I'm steering clear of these 1-table NL games.

Man, PokerStars just looks better and better all the time.. /images/wink.gif

CHiP

06-11-2002, 08:33 AM
But Pokerstars doesn't have one table round the clock tourneys, do they?

KC50

06-11-2002, 01:13 PM
True.. very true.. And being on the West Coast (and working a full-time job), my access to most of their tourneys, at least during the week, is pretty limited.

But if Pokerstars ran single table's the same stuff would most likely occur. It just goes along with the format. Pokerstars would probably handle it a little better though.