PDA

View Full Version : AQo 2/4. 3-bet the turn?

emonrad87
12-11-2004, 04:49 AM
Button was slighty loose, not really aggressive or really passive.
In particular, I'm curious about the turn play. Should I reraise?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

SamIAm
12-11-2004, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the turn play. Should I reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]I think so. At the very least, it helps you figure-out whether you should go into check-call mode on the river.
-Sam

MCS
12-22-2004, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think so. At the very least, it helps you figure-out whether you should go into check-call mode on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that's a good reason to raise, because I don't think the information is that valuable.

I assume that if you 3-bet the turn, the opponent will call but not raise with worse than AQ. Thus, if you launch into check-call mode when you get raised on the turn, you'll only miss out on one bet.

If you are behind, you'll lose two more bets on the turn if you're up against a set and your opponent caps it. Since we could have lost only one by calling the turn, this is Bad Times.

If the button would raise a draw headsup to try to get you to make a tough fold, THEN maybe you should reraise. But that's for value, not for information. Personally, I feel like this play is often some A3 two pair or something. I think I would check-call, but I hate it because I feel like I'm admitting defeat but still paying off.

I guess you may have outs to win or split as well, so maybe that moves us slightly towards raising. Not enough for me though.