PDA

View Full Version : JTs vs loose passive player.

GlemZurg
12-11-2004, 04:31 AM
How would you all have played this hand?

UTG+1 is loose preflop (VP$IP around 40% with almost 0% pfr) and about average post flop (TOT-AF of about 1)

SB is calls down to river with weak, weak hands like the worst pairs avaiable on the board.

BB plays very tight preflop (VP$IP less than 10%) but plays his hands aggressively post flop.

Any advice or comments on how I can improve my thinking on this hand would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: GlemZurg is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
GlemZurg calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">GlemZurg bets</font>, ..

<font color="green">I was suprised SB didn't bet since he plays everything. Lol. But since BB plays overcards and pocket pairs I figured a raise would fold him.

So even though the pot was small, I figured as long as I wasn't reraised I may end up with the best hand by the river if BB folded and SB didn't come alive.</font>

... UTG+1 calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">GlemZurg bets</font>, ...

<font color="green">Made my flush so I value bet.</font>

... UTG+1 calls.

River: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">GlemZurg bets</font>, ...

<font color="green">Ouch. Now I fear UTG+1 may have a flush too. I have no idea what he has been calling with.

However, since there are only two higher flushes I figured he'd also call with plenty of worse hands so I bet.</font>

... <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, GlemZurg calls.

<font color="green">Double ouch. I'm sure he has a flush now (or a slow played full house) so I call to end the betting.</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB

Nick C
12-11-2004, 01:33 PM
I would play the hand the same way.

The flop bet is good. I don't fully understand your commentary, though. You may end up with the best hand by the river even if you do get raised on the flop. (And if by some chance everyone folds, you can't complain about that either.)

Turn: Good value bet.

The river card isn't what you wanted to see. But I would bet and call a raise, like you did.